Tramon Mark wins 9th Annual Guy V. Lewis Award

10 Likes

I noticed that Galen and Quinten are also past winners of the award. How’s that for keeping local talent in Houston?

2 Likes

Well, one of them did have to be shown the way back home. :star_struck:

1 Like

He was no doubt the best player in Harris County.

Side note: we’re also in on the number #1 player in Houston in 2021 Ramon Walker. Don’t know much about his recruitment but I have to believe UH are the favorites with him.

And we’re also in on the top Houston player in 2022 Bryce Griggs. As far as PJ Haggerty why not try to get a backcourt with these two studs. Wouldn’t shock me if PJ grows into a 6’5 shooting guard given his shoulder frame and length at such a young age. He looks like 6’3 and growing.

Tramon, Griggs and Cryer were the 3 best players I saw in the city this year. Griggs should win the next two years as long as he stays local. 2022 in TX is loaded so they will have a ton of options. Griggs will fill the FC because he is a showman.

Walker was probably going to start seeing more offers this spring but this situation definitely helps out UH since they offered right before all of this fell apart.

1 Like

*showman

Fixed thx lol

Agree Griggs wins the next two years. He is an incredibly talented guards who reminds me of Rob Williams. Believe it not Rob May have been a tad flashier at Milby but I think Griggs might be a little bit better outside shooter and that’s saying something.
As much as I love Griggs I think he will go to a blue blood school. Keeping my fingers crossed however

Maybe he will Butch because we’re 2 years away. But I have to believe Butch if CKS is still the coach he’s (Griggs) our best chance of landing a McDonald’s All-American under the CKS tenure.

Looking at who else have offered them, we should surely beat out the teams that have offered Walker (UNT, SFA, TSU, Tx. St.), but we have some really stiff competition for Griggs (KU, TT, Ok St, aTm). He show UH, KU, Ok. St as warm, aTm as cool.

Maybe Grimes could help with Griggs against KU.

With Griggs some of his family continue to say if Duke or Kentucky offer that’s where he will make his final decision.
Still a lot of time left and never underestimate our staff and the benefits of staying home

They have a shot at Griggs since they have been recruiting him hard for awhile. He goes to UH practices sometimes and he is close with Harden. I do agree when Kentucky and Duke offer it’s going to be tough. There are a good number of McD candidates in the state in 2022 so it will be interesting.

Walker was just about to start getting more offers but I do think UH will be the frontrunner. Also there is BB Knight(Katy Tompkins), Amaree Abraham(PA Memorial), PJ Haggerty(Crosby), Terrence Arceneaux (Beaumont United) that I know they are recruiting in 2022.

Chris Marshall and the pg from Shadow Creek are also from 2022. That class is not just nationally mega loaded but so is area wise.

1 Like

Not bad for a guy from Galveston County. :wink:

1 Like

Devonta Pollard?

I don’t think he was selected into the McDonald’s game.

1 Like

He made the list but did he make the game? Not that it really matters

Not to be pedantic but Dickinson is in Galveston County. Still qualifies as Greater Houston.

Mark would be a stud in any county, state or country. He is legit