Transfer Waivers

@DanWolken 30min.
BREAKING: NCAA is expected to approve new guidelines today making it more difficult for transfers to obtain waivers https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2019/06/26/ncaas-changes-transfer-guidelines-limit-immediate-eligibility/1569260001/ via @usatoday

2 Likes

No surprise there. Anything to make it more difficult for the athletes. :rage:

2 Likes

Are there any exceptions for Texas or Alabama???

7 Likes

Exactly…

1 Like

All of them.

1 Like

I still don’t know why Justin Fields or Tate Martell received waivers. Also, if I’m being honest, I’m unsure of why Jordan Moore received one as well.

1 Like

Every athlete should be given one free waiver, just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

So you mean players cannot go and try out at P5 schools anymore before coming home with bruised egos? I’m ok with this. Let players know that there are consequences with one’s decisions.

Yeah, it would be dramatically better than the current, constantly shifting policy.

They should be able to transfer as often as coaches can. Seriously, if I am at UH and am a student, I can drive on up to Austin and enroll immediately just like a coach can. These rules are set in place to pretend to protect the student athlete but we all know it is to protect the networks and conferences.

4 Likes

That is legit petty right there. Why should they suffer any more consequences than either a regular student transferring or a coach bailing.

I’m in sigep’s camp the transfer rules aren’t about anything more than punishing labor while protecting management.

4 Likes

You sound pretty bitter for some reason. I don’t think we should hold young men to a higher standard than career coaches. Never got what the penalty year helped anyways. If a kid wants to leave let them leave.