Transfers 2018 - Definitive List

Which 5 transfers count against the 2019 class? It looks like only two of them – Chambers and Anderson – have more than one year of eligibility remaining (and Chambers transferred last year if I recall correctly), and it would seem odd that graduate transfers who play the 2018 season and use up their eligibility would count against the 2019 class. I admit that I don’t know all the rules.

"With this move, Watkins becomes the sixth transfer from a Power Five program to join Houston this offseason, the others being Ole Miss safety Deontay Anderson (HERE), Tennessee quarterback Quinten Dormady (HERE), Miami linebacker Darrion Owens (HERE), Utah wide receiver Raelon Singleton (HERE) and Baylor running back Terence Williams (HERE). Additionally, defensive end Isaiah Chambers transferred in from TCU last August and, after sitting out the 2017 season, will be eligible to play this season as well.

Like Watkins, Dormady, Owens, Singleton and Williams are all graduate transfer and eligible to play in 2018. Anderson is also immediately eligible because of the waiver granted to him by the NCAA as a result of Ole Miss’ issues."

All 5 of the grad transfers will count against the 2019 class as the Coogs have no more room in their 2018 class. NCAA allows you to count students that enroll after the spring semester to count against the following class.

https://twitter.com/footwork_king1/status/1005231801273634816

https://twitter.com/joseph_duarte/status/1004917708612427777

So is this what we’re projecting?

QB D’Eriq King
RB Terrence Williams
WR Raelon Singleton
WR Marquez Stevenson or Keith Corbin
WR Courtney Lark or Keith Corbin
TE Romello Brooker
OT Kam Eloph
OG Braylon Jones
C Will Noble
OG Mason Denley
OT Josh Jones

DE Isaiah Chambers
DT Ed Oliver
DE Jerard Carter
LB Darrion Owens
LB Emeke Egbule
LB Leroy Godfrey
LB Austin Robinson
S Deontay Anderson
S Garrett Davis
CB Isaiah Johnson
CB Nick Watkins

K Caden Novikoff
P Dane Roy
SN Nick Wildberger

2 Likes

I don’t like all theses transfers? Does applwewhite make them learn the fight song and almamater like Herman?

1 Like

Man that defense looks disgusting

1 Like

Khalil Williams has graduated. Austin Robinson will be a starter at LB. Braylon Jones will start at RG.

Defense should be lights out if the coordinator uses them properly.

2 Likes

He would not do it intentionally, but he may do it due to incompetence… You assume people think he is great and therefor he would have to screw up on purpose, as opposed to he is not that good, and his screwups in alignment are because he isn’t that good, not because he is actively trying to fail.

Not saying I think he is incompetent, just saying that is how I read comments like “if he can utilize them properly”.

He did a great job in the second half of the Memphis game !!

By the by, Coach Couch is what this board is all about…in case you missed it.

Yep must have missed that one. Try harder. #Ridiculous

Aight guys, let’s not let this thread devolve down into petty bickering, I feel it’s close to headed that way. Thanks!

Me thinks your standards may be a bit high. College football fandom is a tiny step below politics, where a consensus–or even the specter of civil discourse–is a mere pipedream.

Have done this long enough to sense when threads are probably going to head south. The members here overall do a great job of keeping things informative, fun and civil. And that’s partly because we DO have high standards, and for the most part it works well. The other part is people generally abide by said standards, which is appreciated.

3 Likes

I agree. I hope my comment came across as the sarcasm that was intended. This is the only Coog forum I frequent for the very reasons you stated. You guys do a great job moderating. Keep up the good work!

I can’t believe you said that. I may not be a coach, but I’ve seen them on TV and in person, therefore I should be qualified in all aspects of coaching – including evaluating players, who I’ve never seen on film or in person, by just knowing their star rating!

4 Likes

DOH! I missed the sarcasm! Thanks for the kind words.