Tulsa budget woes - crazy story

When was the last time a university get kick out of a conference? Temple from BE? It was a mistake to add Tulsa and Tulane to begin with and AAC will have to live with it. There’s no ground for kicking them out.

As long as Tulane is in NOLA it is not a mistake to have to play them in NOLA every other year as a conference member, In fact, I wish we played them on the road every year.

I agree. Realignment is how conferences get rid of who they don’t want. You can’t just fire them. Why else would the SEC keep holding on to Vanderbilt?

UConn has budget woes as well. This next TV contract is make or break for some of the schools.

I don’t know how the MWC schools make it.

SEC holds onto Vanderbilt because a private school makes the entire conference exempt from public information laws. At least that’s what I’ve heard.

Yep, the Big 12 benefited from adding Baylor because of that rule.

Conferences are public corporations and as such have to report all the information that other public corporations report. They have to report assets, liabilities, income, expenses etc. Under expenses they report how much they send to the schools but they do it in a lump sum and not by each school.