Tulsa vs OSU on TV

Or do we? :wink:

Dang it! Forgot about that. I should probably get some sleep.

Highlights from three of the games:

I would not read a whole lot in this or in UConns results. Cincy has a first time head coach and new staff. They were spending time working our their kinks. Chances are they will look better next week. UConn more of a question mark as Edsal has head coaching experience. But then we all know how bad UConn has been so cannot expect much for the next couple of years until Edsal has had a chance to recruit.

Frankly, I was looking for our coaching staff to work out the kinks with UTSA.

On a positive note, the conference so far is 5 - 1 with the lone loss to a potential playoff team.

So we did win the games we were supposed to win. So, good job AAC keep it up today and tomorrow!!

2 Likes

Cincy and UCONN were predicted to be bad so it’s not really a surprise that they struggled.

Thought the Memphis-ULM game was interesting as ULM was a 4 win team last year in the Sun Belt and Memphis had to recover an onside kick at the end to seal the victory. The Memphis offense is good, but that defense is going to be a problem for them this year.

That is good to hear about the Memphis defense, because as you said, that offense

Looks like they got hit hard by injuries on defense last night:

https://twitter.com/shpawdcast/status/903635040877334529

Also, Ferguson was awful last night, although, that could be chalked up to the rain. They did run all over ULM though; ULM had the 125th ranked rushing defense last year and didn’t look much better last night.

1 Like

Man, they really took a hit to that already susceptible defense last night. I don’t wish that on any team. 4 guys on their front 7. Sheesh!

As far as the offense goes, Ferguson probabaly just has some early season rust to shake off, or played sub par due to the rain, as you mentioned. He is a damn good QB. Any word on why their RB, Dorseus, was out?

https://twitter.com/TulsaHurricane/status/903663826289221632

wow :fist:

2 Likes

Cincy didn’t play an 0-11 FCS team. They played an 0-0 team that is now 0-1. Last year’s teams played for neither school.

What is this, some sort of a coach-speak Mecca, or a sports message board? I am pretty sure that you, like all of us, do not expect to ever see a 0-11 team run off 10 victories the next year
 So
 What is your point, aside from stating the obvious?

So I guess that if FS-Who wins tomorrow, they should drop to being unranked, because their only victory would likely be a small win is over a winless team that has never done anything right?

1 Like

Yes. Coogs should move to #1 for beating Harvey.

1 Like

Austin Peay is in the OVC, one of the worse conferences in the FCS. The school has one win in their last forty-seven games. Only four of those forty-six losses were within one score. They have the longest losing streak in all of D1 by sixteen games. Every shred of evidence we have says that they’re one of the worst teams in Division I football, if not the worst outright.

To put it another way, the 2017 Austin Peay University senior class saw their football team win exactly one game during their time there. If UH ever got that bad, there would (rightfully, IMO) be calls to shut the team down.

Cincinnati should be embarassed that they let a team that bad stick around.

1 Like

I ran into a Cincinnati fan at the grocery store today he was decked head to toe in Cincinnati year. I asked him about the game and he look like someone shot his dog. He sure wasn’t blowing it off as a "well it’s just one game " etc. he said they were 41 point Favorite only one by 12. He looked thoroughly dejected and didn’t have high hopes for this season.

I guess it’s always easier to blow off a poor performance when you’re not a fan of that team

Tubbs left Cincy’s program in a shambles talent-wise. It’ll take them a couple of years to recover.

Problem with Fickel is that he may be a Levine-ish type hire. Ohio State tried him in the head coach role and he didn’t exactly blow anyone away. He can recruit, but can he be the head coach?

I mean
247’s team talent rankings have Cincy 58th overall. Sure, that assumes everyone develops their talent equally well, blah blah blah
but regardless, any half-decent coach should be able to take 85 fbs scholarship-level players and run all over Austin Peay. Just on a pure talent basis, Rice should be able to beat AP by about 50.

2 Likes

Cincy-Austin Peay highlights