Tune has wheels

I know. I saw it too.

Dana was the one that didnā€™t want Case running. The only real running in Danaā€™s offense will be the backs and the occasional QB bootleg or broken play.

Dana wants to run but he wants his backs to be better at it.

Letā€™s see why would Dana keep Tune at starter for QB? Maybe because he thinks he provides the best chance of winning? Naw, that couldnā€™t be it.

2 Likes

You know, I remember Case throwing 6 interceptions ā€“ yes six ā€“ against Air Force in the bowl game in Ft. Worth. And then I remember him doing a whole lot better.

If thatā€™s the case, thatā€™s not good nor smart on his part; he should of brought in another veteran QB from the transfer portal. Why put all your eggs in one basket after a horrid record under Tune for 2+ seasons :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Some people just canā€™t help themselves. This thread was supposed to be about praising Tune for his speed (which is indisputable). How on Earth did we steer off topic so far that it has become another thread for people to bash him? Heā€™s our QB. Heā€™s going to startā€¦and in case you missed it, he has wheels! Let the bashing go already.

1 Like

Because the haters are going to hate; Iā€™m glad my life is not so negative.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s being negative to say that competition could be good for Tune. Another veteran QB could force him to better his own game. He struggled last year. Yes, he has a lot of potential and weā€™re certainly pulling for him to succeed but bringing in a veteran QB as insurance wouldnā€™t have been the worst thing.

3 Likes

And so if bringing in a ā€œveteranā€ QB resulted in our highly regarded freshman QB Kopp (who was likely told that he could compete for playing time) to transfer out, would that be such a good thing? I would suppose that you do know that transfers are a two way street?

And I do seem to recall both Herman & Applesauce bringing in a veteran grad transfer QB as insurance - which resulted in minimal (if any) playing time for either one of them and therefore a couple of totally wasted scholarships for UH FB. So, as for me, I think that we should just let the coaches do their job including recruiting and deciding what is in the best interest for the program in the long term.

1 Like

Well, this is a message board. I donā€™t have Holgersonā€™s number and so the opinion that I put here affects NOTHING that happens with the team. As for Kopp, who knows how he will do? He is on campus now proving himself. If he transfers simply because another player is added to the QB room, then I question if I want him here anyways. If he is good enough, he will win the job.

1 Like

Iā€™m cool with Kopp playing early on after the Tech game given UH ooc schedule because those games should be blowout wins for UH.

Itā€™s negative when nothing the complainers have said is new information or atom splitting. How many threads has the same tired diatribe been spewed? This behavior is the equivalent to stepping outside in 100 degree weather and saying ā€œitā€™s hotā€; then proceeding to go immediately inside, go back outside and say itā€™s hot again. Except in this case no one is asking if it is hotā€¦as a matter of fact, it is cold and rainy; the comments are unrelated and unnecessary.

What does QB competition or Tuneā€™s play on the field have to do with how fast he can run? Absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

What if Tune gets injured? Then what? Do we play a true freshman thatā€™s completely unproven or do we play a backup QB that hasnā€™t touched the field in the last two years? There were times last year I hoped to see back up QB Iā€™m the field to get a little game time experience, but for some odd reason that ever happened

As for Kopp, weā€™ll have to see how it shakes out. Maybe he turns out to be a really good quarterback, maybe not. Heā€™s totally unproven at this point. Suggesting we shouldnā€™t bring in another WB out of fear that he wonā€™t stay at UH doesnā€™t make our team better. It only puts us in a worse position. Every good team has multiple quarterbacks jockeying for the starter position, and most of them recruit one or two quarterbacks every year. If someone transfers out, that usually means someone better stepped in and beat them. Is that a bad thing?

Hey but one of them quit before the bowl game so that Tune still hasnā€™t gotten his redshirt year, so we got that going for us.

I remember when Kevin was a sophomore. He would crouch in the pocket like his legs went to sleep. I thought he was doomed. Then Art cemented his offensive line. Things began to click. Kevin became more confident. Gradually Kevin matured and got sneaky and started bouncing around. At the end he was scrambling and dashing off on 40 yard jaunts like it was nothing. He left the program as damn near a legend and went to the NFL.

It takes time and protection. Even Case would have been in a body cast after six games last year.

Case had a quick release, uncanny accuracy & survey the field so quick. I think he would of figured it out.

Case >>> Tune

Tune decision making and processing the field has been shaky to say the least.

Tune hasnā€™t had a full-on support group since his first snap. He single-handedly kept us in the game vs Navy when his line collapsed like wet cornflakes and his receivers dropped more things than ā€œGilligan.ā€

Heā€™s a big, strong, fast kid that has a great head on his shoulders. This will be his first season where he has more than a nanosecond to make decisions. I believe he will be very good.

But our running game will be a big factor too.

1 Like