TxTech favored by 2.5 pts

Rice stadium wasn’t hostile?..:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

If we were at home, I’d say with confidence we win this one. This group of kids have no experience playing a road game in front of 55k plus crowds. Hopefully we keep the false starts and delay of games to a minimum. I think the team that wins the turnover battle wins this game.

4 Likes

Sort of disagree with you shaggy. This group of kids has several multiple year starters and have played in front of large and loud crowds.

3 Likes

If you are counting bowl games, neutral site games and road games with a 40k crowd, then we definitely disagree. The only game that will come close to the 55k to 60k Tech crowd noise in our recent history is the Louisville game in 2015. I’m pretty sure the only one that played on our offense in that game has since moved to defense.

There is a major difference between betting on a horse or dog to win, place or show outright and betting on a team based on the points spread . . . . .

Hence me saying, “I know” for the dogs and “should” for the other. I wasn’t stating it as a fact and thank you for clarifying that your bet doesn’t change when the spread changes. :slight_smile:

Either way, doesn’t change the fact that Vegas wants a balance in the betting.

1 Like

Even the tech folks are complaining about butts in seats vs announced attendance. Granted their butts in seats estimate is still higher than our announced attendance but i think this will be a good “large” crowd for our team to face.

My sentiments as well, whoever wins the turnover battle and minimizes penalties wins the game.

2 Likes

The defense is full of seniors that has played in big games back to 2015.

2 Likes

Oh good. Then we won’t have to worry about false starts and delay of games from our defense because of crowd noise.

As true as scripture.

2 Likes

[quote=“CMCoog17, post:17, topic:13719, full:true”]
Questions: Does that mean that when you place a bet it can change based on how people bet as the game gets closer? Should you bet early when you’re not favored so you can win?
[/t
Don’t know if serious or not. When you place a bet, the line is locked in. The movement in the line is only for subsequently placed bets.

The aforementioned point about the line being based on bettors behavior is true, but that’s only part of it. They are assuming the bettors are well educated and they take other factors into consideration (weather, injuries, coaches leaving to take a job at a Big12 school, etc).

1 Like

God I hope we destroy them

1 Like

With a decent offense last year we would have won by 14 plus. We will be ok if we don’t commit a lot of penalties and turnovers.

1 Like

Very true!

The “goal” of the “line” offered by bookies is to get 1/2 of the bettors on one side of the line and 1/2 of the bettors on the other side. If one side gets too heavy, the line moves. An astute bettor can make two wages (or more) and win both ways, if he falls in between the two “lines” . . . . .

We gave away 7 points, when the defense and defensive coaching staff were not ready and Tech ran a play for a TD. Without that defensive “rock”, we have an excellent opportunity to rearrange the scoreboard . . . . .

I have to ask after that response. Do you believe our offense performed better than our defense that game?

Meh, we held em to 27 dispite 6 turnovers, i dont put blame on the d

2 Likes

but our offense started the second half with interception, punt, punt, punt, punt …

We had all the momentum to rearrange the scoreboard before giving up the two big runs. haha