UCF actually has a clear path to the Playoff now

UCF is currently ranked #10 in the AP.

They still could have three ranked teams on their schedule ahead of them.

Cincinnati
USF
UH

If an undefeated UCF meets a ranked UH in the AAC Championship game , with a Playoff bid for the American on the line…I will gladly root for what’s best for the Conference long term and hope UCF beats the Coogs and represents the American.

That will do wonders for the respect of the quality of our Conference and will probably lead to a 8 team playoff setup…immediately.

And I’m saying this because UCF is the ONLY G5 program with even a glimmer of hope left.

2 Likes

UCF won’t be above 13 in the CFP. Just wait…

5 Likes

Oh I know. I’m preparing for it. There will be crazy excuses but they could still have THREE ranked teams ahead of them at that point, and the voices will get louder each week. If they are close…I will sacrifice a UH win for what’s best for the Confetence.

Imagine the P5 IF it actually happened…their heads would explode…especially if Notre Dame takes a spot and UCF takes a spot. They would vote for a new setup the next day.

Yes they will use the “they haven’t played anyone, or beat anyone ranked in the top ten”. Which is the greatest insult one could dole out from a rigged system.

2 Likes

The dream scenario for the AAC is to have UH(6-1) possibly ranked vs a ranked USF(7-0). UH beats USF and both teams stand at 7-1.
USF (8-1) then goes on to play a ranked Cincinnati(9-0). Cincinnati win the games and improves to 10-0 and USF falls to 8-2.
You then have the biggest game of the regular season for the AAC, 2 undefeated teams and ranked. Possibly a top 7 UCF(9-0) and a possible top 15 Cincinnati(10-0). Whoever wins pretty much assured that the AAC champion will lock in the NY6 bowl. But the AAC would want UCF to continue its win streak and push into the top 5.
AAC east I-4 match up between Top 5 and undefeated UCF(10-0) vs a solid USF(8-2) team. UCF wins the game on the road and goes on to play for the AAC championship game.
AAC Championship game pits a ranked UH(11-1) vs undefeated #5 UCF(11-0). Winner of game locks in the NY6 bowl. UCF win could break the door wide open for Non-Power Conference teams to make the CFP. AAC and G5 fans would prefer UCF win out.
Undefeated 13-0 UCF waits and hopes for a top 4 ranking and CFP debut.

4 Likes

Problem#1 with your statement: UCF is looking out for UCF. If an ACC invite open up for them due to UH laying down and playing dead…trust me…they WON’T tell the ACC…that Houston must be added too because they are our blood brothers, they will say: we accept, bye-bye AAC…and see you later. No, I wouldn’t help UCF in any way, period!!

6 Likes

Show me a team they have played this season. I don’t see anybody super impressive. Based on what I see, the “they haven’t played anybody” statement is exactly right.

1 Like

Get your popcorn ready…they now how to manipulate the system.

The AAC has consistently had the following group of programs in the top 25, since its creation…

UCF
Houston
Cincinnati
USF
Memphis
Navy

…Yet they say we don’t have depth or quality programs.
Wouldn’t the polls, that actually rank who.the best 25 teams, trump conference affiliation influenced by media outlets?

2 Likes

Hard to see the ACC invite UCF when there’s a geographically fit team that wants to join the ACC and is currently in a Power 5 conference while also ranked in the top 10 in West Virginia. Adding West Virginia will come with less blow back from Florida State and Miami.

But if you could raid the AAC and eliminate “the Problem” they help all P5 out… .the are The Cartel, you know.

Or a playoff bid for the American will legitimize the claim that the AAC is a true Power Conference. Also, a playoff bid NOW will do wonders for our ongoing TV deal, that is currently being negotiated.

Also, after that Big 12 expansion horse and pony show…I am looking out for what’s best for OUR conference.

I hear ya, but I am really worried about a P5 conference offering an invite out of spite…

1 Like

Yes, the Big 12 could have raided the AAC and removed 1-4 teams but they voted that option down.

So, due to that, there’s a chance UCF uses the teams the Big 12 passed on to claim its path to the College Playoff . Imagine how ironic that would be if UT loses to OU (because they voted to play twice in a CCG) eliminating themselves from the Playoff.

That would be a dream scenario.

2 Likes

Conspiracies aside, UCF plays Cincy and USF the last two weeks of the season. Before that USF plays UH and USF plays Cincy. There is little chance that all three of those teams are ranked after giving each other losses.

If this scenario happened I would root for that and Alabama and Georgia to both get in w Notre Dame so only ONE “P5” conference gets in.
You bet they would rework the format!

1 Like

UCF needs to win all their games and have a lot of other teams lose. There’s no clear path for them.

This thread should be named the Dream Sequence !!

3 Likes

I want to beat UCF to go to NY6 bowl. Don’t give a chit about UCF going to playoff at our expense.

14 Likes

Yes, Sir! Gotta be “Southern Miss” in that situation…oh Sumlin, the pain is Still There…

Playoff committee doesn’t use the AP poll