UCF actually has a clear path to the Playoff now

This is ed oliver last year as a cougar. ED has said he want a ring, I hope he get it.

You would root for UCF against UH for the good of the conference?

lol

1 Like

I would argue it is better for the conference if there are different champions and no one team dominates. In the end, I don’t care what is good for the conference, I want:

• Houston to win the Championship
  • Houston to go to a NY6 bowl, preferably Fiesta and win
  • Oliver to get the rings he so richly deserves
  • Oliver to get invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony
  • The recruits that come with rings

Edit: and King to get the attention this season he has warranted as he moves into his Senior year.

3 Likes

You left out that ut had to score a 4th qtr TD to beat Tulsa
which is 1-5 ???

In Austin , no less !!

2 Likes

Even the NYE bowl payout is not equal.

When coogs play UCF I want coogs to win, and win big. It will help our house. Our future recruiting. We can’t depend or trust polls or CFP

1 Like

This is all I know, in the first 8 years a few non-AQ champs were passed up for lower ranked AQ champs in the BCS and there was enough dissent that the BCS changed and made the path for non-AQ obtainable.

I’m not going to say there is any possible path for UCF to make the CFP this year. What I am going to say, I believe that if UCF keeps winning and enough P5 teams have a second loss, they will be in the discussion. There could probably be an 11-2 Michigan or 11-2 OU beat out a 13-0 UCF for the fourth spot.

The thing is, that might even be better than UCF getting in. If UCF gets in, then the path becomes that a G5 needs to go undefeated two straight years and finish the season playing 3 straight ranked teams. However, if UCF doesn’t get in, it becomes clearly evident than no G5 has a clear path to the playoff and the CFP will be forced to do something like, a top G5 team gets auto invite if ranked top 6, or the CFP expands or the NCAA scraps it altogether because the CFP as it stands goes against one of the NCAA’s top 3 priorities, fairness.

1 Like

Alabama plays:
Arkansas st
La-lafayette
Citadel
This year! This board slays me!

Sorry forgot georgia:
Austin peay
Midd Tenn
Umass

1 Like

These threads are like Groundhog day. Unless we are all proven wrong the crystal clear reality is that the G5’s have no chance at the cfp. Some of you can’t accept that the cartel exists.
The espn announcers made it publicly known last year. I paraphrase “Even an undefeated G5 does not belong in the cfp vs a 2 loss cfp” espn/fox & a few major cfp control college football. We do not.

3 Likes

I root for UCF too. But when they play us I want coogs to go 13-1

2 Likes

The NCAA cannot scrap something it does not own, even you know that!

We must defend our house. We want the best for houston

The NCAA has authority over it’s members. It can make a ruling that the CFP is not longer an FBS viable option and then the CFP could do nothing but try to sue. The easier path would be to make recommended changes.

We can cheer for our team. It won’t change the outcome and it won’t change the fact that the chances of this Cougar squad beating a UCF team that went undefeated through the east schedule at their place are even lower than the chances of only 3 P5 teams having less than 2 losses. Slim to very slim.

You are incorrect because as you know the ncaa does not sanction the cfp!

Typical, you left out Louisville the team we could not wait to play just a few short years ago. I can’t believe this board 

Referring to non-P5 schools. I will type slower for u next time.

Just type accurately and we will be just fine. Go Coogs!

You mistake teams playing in a CFP without the NCAA sanctioning it, meaning the NCAA has no oversight on how it’s handled. In order for the CFP to interact with NCAA teams, it must adhere to NCAA standards. If the NCAA finds that the CFP is not in compliance with NCAA standards, they can rule that members are not allowed to play in this event.

1 Like

But they Towson from the CAA
why no play UCF for the easy win
UCF would probably say no to a pay check