Ucf and fau

Are you not familiar with Devin Singletary? He has been off to a slow start this year but 5 ypc is still well below his average of the previous two years.

Understood, but UCF should be way better than FAU. Especially since FAU’s QB is not that good and UCF can afford to stack the box somewhat.

I know the name FAU doesn’t strike fear in the hearts of FBS fans but they did finish undefeated in C-USA last year and had the 4th most rushing yards in the country. UCF’s run defense last year was average at best. So not sure why you think they should be way better at stopping their running game.

1 Like

“Undefeated in C-USA”. Awesome!!!

If 3 minutes is average, all of their drives are average or less. They have 3 TD drives under 2 minutes. 2 other drives under 2 minutes. Not counting end of half.

Yeah, especially since not only did UH go undefeated in C-USA only once in 20 years but also had a winless season once. Glass houses bro

2 Likes

In the Keenum years our Time of Possession was not of great importance. It was score as quick as you can on every drive and then hope our defense makes 1 stop.

Still don’t get your point. Are you saying since UCF had all 2 minute drives, their defense should have given up 28 points to a running team because UH gave up 28 points to a passing team? What is your end game with this?

Tulane is going to shock the world tomorrow.*

*This sentence featured sarcasm.

2 Likes

That UCF can score a lot quickly and not give up 63 points

Let’s just say, G5 teams that primarily run the ball are known for scoring 60 points as often as P5 passing attacks score 60 points. Let’s just say, G5 teams on the road are just as potent as P5 teams at home.

UCF had two drives that lasted 2:49 and 2:50 in the first half and their first two drives in the second half were 3:41 and 3:05.

UH’s longest drive of the first half was 1:44. The entire game, UH had 2 drives over 2 minutes. You know what they had in common? Tech punted on the next possession.

There is nothing logical in comparing UCF’s defense last night with UH’s defense against Tech.

1 Like

FAU made it a game for a while and the UCF pulled away. UCF is the top team in the AAC, I hope the go undefeated until the CCG and I hope it’s against the Coogs.

3 Likes

Back to the original point I was trying to make, which on second glance, I never did. I didn’t watch the entire game yesterday, but I saw a lot of counter run plays where Singletary got around the end and to the second level untouched. That sounds like scheme and blocking more than him being a fantastic runner. Hence my question about whether FAU’s OL is good, or UCF’s DL is bad. UCF couldn’t seal the edge, but I couldn’t tell (without rewatching the game) if they were being blocked well or just fooled. Mostly I’m just looking for weaknesses to exploit should we make it to the CCG.

However, Singletary is indeed a fantastic runner. I saw many times where he was bottled up in the back field and was able to find a hole to squeeze through for positive yardage. That dude runs with a purpose.

Yeah it could be a fantastic offensive line. Not sure about the scheme seeing as FAU is on it’s third OC in three years just like UH.

TT had scored 60 against FBS teams just once in the last 2 years, vs Kansas

FAU had scored 60 against FBS the same amount of times, and UNT is better than Kansas.

Dont confuse correlation with causality about being rested after longer drives resulted in punts. If rested was the determiner, we would not have given up TDs on the 1st drive of the game and 1st drive of the 2nd half when we were most rested

https://twitter.com/C_Austin_Cox/status/1043510119596724224

4 Likes

44257, G5 opponent, Friday night. That’s what winning does.

3 Likes