UCF offers head football coaching job to Gus Malzahn

I wish CDH walked into a situation that was not bare also…

1 Like

The AAC is getting some pretty good coaches, and I look forward to seeing the competition. Looks like Mr. Holgerson has some competition.

1 Like

Malzahn has a natty?

Huge get.

Great hire, just keeps raising the AAC…excellent news

He has one as the OC for auburn. He has a bcs championship game appearance as a head coach at auburn.

Probably not. I think he’ll still get his buyout minus his new salary. It’s only temporary until he can get another P5 offer. I figure he’s waiting for 69 years old Nick Saban to retire so he can take the Bama gig.

…you ever been to Orlando?

I personally don’t like it and have been multiple times to the parks and work conventions but many like it…

We were in Kissimmee just after the UCF game, and traffic was terrible. Reminded me of Vegas traffic, or Houston traffic on 59 S and 610 W . . . . .

Sorry to disagree, but Cam Newton was the straw that stirred that drink.

Malzahn is pretty good name to add but, outside of that first year as HC at Auburn, the record is not great. I know he coached in the SEC West and that makes it more difficult but having 4 or more losses in every season is not great.

Now compare that record to Les Miles. I was in favor of hiring Les for the UH job instead of Major. Hopefully that would have turned out better than Les at KU but there are no guarantees.

He’s from Arkansas, originally, I believe.

So I’m guessing he’s not too picky about where else he lives.

1 Like

I mean, it’s a better record than Holgorsen’s.

3 Likes

Holgy Hate is real. I hope it gets better for you

2 Likes

Is Holgorsen not a good reference point for AAC teams hiring P5 coaches? Seems relevant to a UH board.

1 Like

You should be hoping Holgersons record gets better

3 Likes

So that one doesn’t count?

It counts… for Gene Chizik.