Ucf

I think the UCF kids would understand a guy moving to his alma mater. They should also understand a coach moving up to a much higher paying job; I understood that in elementary school. The differences is, I haven’t heard Frost asking them to give him their hearts or see him kissing them. There are all kinds of ways to handle things like that and so far, it looks like Frost has been doing it the right way.

5 Likes

The AAC should petition the NCAA that prohibits P-5 schools from poaching G-5 coaches, until their entire first recruiting classes are seniors (4-years); or they have moved on to the NFL. This would never happen, but just a thought/wish.

At the very least, there should be a non-tampering rule, so that no school can contact a current FBS head coach until the season is over. I believe the NFL has such a rule. P5s would hate it, but it just makes sense.

4 Likes

College football could learn a lot from the NFL. Like a playoff system that actually makes sense. lol
I think they should expand it to 10 teams. Every conference champion gets in. If you don’t win your conference, then no trip. Plain and simple. Having a group of former AD’s decide a schools fate (without bias) is too much of a liability.

I don’t know… the system is working just as it was designed to do; i.e., keep the power and the MONEY in the P5 coffers.

3 Likes

If UCF isn’t good enough to compete in the playoff then why is their coach good enough to take over a p5 program? “Hey we don’t think your good enough but we are gonna get your coach”. Same for Memhis. Why can’t people just do the right thing anymore?

yea look how well it worked for us with CTL.

The AP voters are also underrating them at a measly 12 ranking with half a dozen two loss teams ahead.

Would be criminal if they aren’t ranked in the top 5 if they beat Memphis and UGA/Auburn in the Peach.

If he leaves UCF for Nebraska it really shows how stupid college coaches are. When did Nebraska last have a season like UCF’s? 17 years ago maybe. Even UCF itself had a 13-1 run just like four years ago. The fact is UCF, USF, Memphis and UH are better jobs than all but maybe the top 12 traditional top jobs. Even UT isn’t actually what everyone thinks it is.

We also need to take a second and think just a moment. Yes, if UCF gets in, it will be good for the AAC image. However, it will be terrible for our recruiting. If UCF gets in Frost will stay. He will begin signing 4-star players overnight. He’ll be very hard to compete with regarding his recent success. I’m cautious to root for them, just a little.

I think Frost or whoever will be walking into a mine field at Nebraska. Frost especially, because it would be the return of a favorite son and expectations will be ridiculously high. Huskers were ranked at year end for 32 straight years from 1969 - 2001 and he was part of the awesome teams of 1996 and 97. Fans are going to expect a return to that greatness pretty fast, I think. Since 2001 they have been ranked at year end in just 6 of 16 years.

With the big win over USF the knights move up 1 spot to #14.

3 loss stanford jumps ahead of them.

1 Like

That is ridiculous.

1 Like

If you dont have 1 out of a list of about 15 schools on the schedule, you are not eligible for the CFP.

2019 is the year guys.

Question for the board:

Option A: Schedule a blue blood with terrible conditions and the deck completely stacked in their favor. This is the only way to even have a .0001% chance at ultimate glory.

Option B: Say screw em. Only schedule 1 for 1 and 2 for 2. Do not bend to their will. Especially when the chances of beating said team AND going undefeated (which UH has NEVER done) is way to small.

Which would you choose if you were the AD?

I would choose option A. If it means for every blue blood I have to schedule an FCS to make up the home game, so be it. Losing to them on the road will not hurt anything. And if you win, well, yall remember OU.

Honestly… option B. I care about seeing good teams come to campus, even if it means no blue bloods. Arizona next year with Tate will be a fun game.

1 Like

@UofHouston13 can you make a poll?

Wonder how many folks really care about the national championship seeing as we have never competed in one.

1 Like

Yep. Until this thing grows from 4, there’s no chance a non-P5 makes it in.

1 Like

And 3 loss Fresno State, who lost to UNLV, is 25 and USF is no where In sight.

2 Likes

Can’t afford to give UCF another top 25 win.

1 Like

Are you saying make a poll to see who wants a NC or who wants to be the best G5?