UCLA Attendance

I noticed you did not mention anything about the financial difficulties in the State which has been caused in part by the entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Also notice I did not respond to you at all. Looking to get banned again?

1 Like

You shouldn’t worry about getting banned again. Just be yourself

Hey man, I don’t have to put someone else down to make myself feel better. UCLA is great school and a storied sports program, they’ll bounce back, no doubt.

4 Likes

Totally agree.

I ran on that field as a seventeen year old high school footballer—goose bumps! Then, I walked out to the fifty yard line and looked around. I felt dizzy: Those Michigan, OSU and USC
national champions! All a recruiter has to do is push the idea to a California kid that he will play in the
Rose Bowl. In the 1940s and 1950s they used to get 5,000,000 to the parade before the game

All I know is what I see on TV and that’ll have to do because I’ll never go there again. For sure there are working people there and I feel sorry for them. They should get out while they still can.

1 Like

My buddy lives in LA and is a UCLA grad. They and the Rose Bowl are complacent, according to him. He says no one who doesn’t live within 5 miles of the stadium wants to go. Despite the Pac 12 money, they are only paying like 2.5 million for Chip. Our G5 head coach makes almost twice as much. That tells you what you need to know about how UCLA prioritizes football.

That’s the same view as people who watch on tv homeless people getting killed on the UH campus and others getting mugged or shot there and presuming the campus is unsafe.

1 Like

I would say it is unsafe. Unless you you are saying the reports are false.

Those reports aren’t false but I also don’t feel unsafe, nor felt unsafe in the late 80’s and early 90’s when crime was even worse on campus. I knew which areas of campus to avoid at night. So labeling the entire state of California a certain way because of what you see on tv makes you ignorant of the facts.

1 Like

You just proved my point about UH main campus.

No, you are choosing to take a point of view that generalizes and paints a broad brush based in limited information.

Since you are choosing a closed minded approach I won’t address this with you any further.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ryaber/status/1173024727071248386?s=20

1 Like

They had 52k+

1 Like

I do think the West Coast is on a steady decline in football. The participation rates in football on the West Coast is off dramatically. Same as in the Northeast. There are a lot of people in the northeast but very few good football players. I think the same thing could be happening out west.

1 Like

their bill on student athletes being able to hire agents should put them back on the right track. Nothing like stirring the pot to put things back in order

It would be hard to top the killings that have occurred at uta. Now that is an unsafe campus. I would walk across our campus at night way before I would walk across the uta campus

1 Like

Actually, even with the nightmare that the previous two years were, we averaged more than the Rob held. So that speaks volumes.

2 Likes

Article in NY Times about PAC-12 football woes: