UConn’s True Freshman QB

He was a lot better than our true freshman QB today.
Holgorsen needs to catch up with the speed of the game.

1 Like

If he could hit wide open receivers, we would have lost by multiple scores.

8 Likes

Holgorsen is not a D-I starting QB. He’s there because he wanted to play for his father. Nothing wrong with that. UConn’s QB missed on a few sure TD passes. Good thing he did or else the Coogs would’ve lost.

Nepotism is wrong.

2 Likes

I think Zergling has played most of the year. Makes a difference and they would have won if could hit a long pass to a wide-open man.

Agreed. The only comment I have is that Holgorsen QB should be very familiar with Coach Holgorsen offense.

I thought Logan had an offer.
I see pro QBs not hit wide open WRs

Give me a break. Our defense didn’t lay a hand on the Opposing team’s quarterback and he missed at the very least 5 huge game changing throws. You seriously think Logan wouldn’t have hit at least a couple of those given the same protection? If Singleton catches that one deep throw then Logan would have had a pretty solid day throwing the ball. Our offensive line is missing 3 of our starters and it definitely showed in the protection. We had no running game.

5 Likes

He did, had a couple of MAC offers.

Hes just not ready…not all that uncommon for most true freshman qbs. Just look at the difference in tune compared to last year. We are going to struggle mightily if hes not back soon. Not only does he have great touch on his passes he is also a threat with his legs. No King but he can run!

2 Likes

Also had a UNT offer and was committed to them for a while

2 Likes

Maybe the receivers are not running the correct routes and when they do, they drop passes.

If HC continues playing his son, he will tear the team apart. Smith was an excellent passer in high school, has more experience, and could definitely help running with the ball.

You don’t need great mechanics to be a great QB, but you do need great confidence.
We have not had a comeback win since USF. Typically that speaks to the QB and Coach.
I never felt out of a game with Keenum or Ward at the helm. The feeling was if we have a minute left we were going to win.
Conversely, we have surrender a few leads to lose in the past.
Hopefully CDH and the QB can turn this around.

Are you insinuating that players are purposely not catching passes or blocking because Logan is Dana’s son and they want Smith in? I certainly would hope they are better people than that. Anyone who would try to torpedoe a teammate to get their friend the position, is not a good team player period. Are you insinuating that is the kind of players we have? Players need to play their best at all times regardless of who may be on the field with them or at QB. Anything less is a travesty.

So, what if CDH started playing Smith and then Tune get’s ready, then what – a fractious team? We don’t need a QB controversy tearing up the locker reoom. We certainly don’t need factions on the boards fanning the flames.

Also, Smith does not have more experience than Logan in this offense. We saw that King had a hard time adjusting to it after both a spring and fall training camp taking the starting QB snaps, what makes you think Smith could just come in and pick it up in a couple of weeks.

We were down to UConn 7-3 at one point so this win qualifies as a comeback win.

3 Likes

This is a fact. I had to sit watch the crap show that is my Chicago Bears yesterday and Mitch Trubiksy missed (and had missed this season) several ope WRs. I’m very unhappy about ol’Mitch.

Logan . . . I can deal with it for a student athlete who has been thrown into a starting role due to injury and a red shirt.

2 Likes

The Bears traded up in the draft to take Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson. Ouch!

2 Likes

We are VERY familiar with this bit of history.