UConn to Big East?

no they didn’t…no one got a good look from the B12.

3 Likes

Do you honestly believe that Big 12 search was anything more than a “Dog and Pony” show to leverage more money from the networks? Honestly?

Here’s my problem with the military schools

1.low hanging fruit. The "patriotic " element ignores a ton of negatives. The Navy- Army game is watched bc of the history and patriotism NOT because those 2 are in contention for the National Championship every year. I want to add programs that elevate our conference and punch the P5s in the mouth…not ones that go after a “niche”

1. Lack of quality athletes. True, the military schools play true heroes (men dedicated to their nation, their university, and their football team) but this does not mean they are talented or help our SOS. Now, I predicted Army would blow us out but that had more to do with our injuries, our attitude, and our god awful coaching staff. Army as a quality team is not sustainable…we need universities on the path to greatness. Navy is competitive bc they run a system that fell out of favor in what the 1980s???

2. Student Body. Like I said go to the AAC forums and see how much the Navy fans add to the bond. Not much. I want large public schools or BYU with true alums. We have to grow as a conference till WE leave.

4 Likes

I’m not talking about 2016. I’m talking about earlier. I don’t know how far the discussions actually got, but that there were discussions was reported at the time.

A good day for all this big news.
I was hungover & its 2 hot to hit the beach here in Clearwater, FL.

Hard pass on Army one team that wrecks our players knees is enough in this conference.

10 Likes

This would be ideal. Respectful, no to army please. Haven’t we seen enough chop blocks from Navy. Regardless, thats a basketball “blue blood” the AAC has just lost. Aresco tenure is clearly finished. I don’t see him surviving this debacle.

3 Likes

BYU, Colorado State, Boise or Sand Diego State–in that order.

3 Likes

I highly doubt it. I am happy UConn is gone.

1 Like

yeah, and UConn has won something like 3 Nattys in the last 20 years or so

Colorado State is most realistic to me. I think we go after BYU, SDSU, and Boise State but they all say no.

1 Like
  1. Good riddance I can’t stand Coach Hurley, which the hoops forum already knows.

2. Hey P5s we’re doing a conference realignment thing time to start knocking over 20 dominoes that puts us with the cool kids lunch table. Anyone? Bueller?

3. I guess UCONN wants to be a hoops school and is putting P5 ambitions on the shelf for now.

3 Likes

This isn’t putting them on old. This is throwing gasoline on them and tossing a match…

3 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed is that there is talk that Navy may look at ejecting as well due to competition issues. Brass is worried that this latest downswing will be tough to come back from, are worried that Coach Ken continues to look around, and that the American is becoming a tough conference with better players. Probably won’t happen right now, but the noise is starting to pick up.

If this is the case, I’d look at standing pat at 11 (barring being able to land BYU). That allows every school to get more money and not add a school that will dilute the conference. Switch to a 9 game conference schedule (play everyone but one team), drop divisions, and take the top two teams for the Championship game.

5 Likes

If we lost Navy, chances are there would be some TV contract renegotiations. So I don’t think more money would be in the cards. In that case I would be fine staying at 10, though. Would prefer divisions and a 8-game conference schedule though.

I kept waiting for Navy to back out when the conference was forming. Kind of thought they should, though am now glad they didn’t. My opinion may change again in five years if the downturn is permanent.

1 Like

Who cares about UConn? Nothing to see here folks, move along.

5 Likes

For those of you not on Twitter our conference mates us included have some serious likes and comments on this. Nice to see. They counter anyone with opinions that this will hurt our conference and are saying don’t let the door hit you with a loud unified voice we’ll be fine. Again nice to see.

2 Likes

Even in our conference the loss of UConn football is no loss.

3 Likes

If they had kept up their end of the bargain in basketball this would’ve hurt more. But right now it’s pretty meh, for sure.

5 Likes

No…hard no to adding anymore CUSA schools. The AAC is already loaded with old CUSA schools IMO. As I’ve stated elsewhere, Tulsa, Tulane and ECU were panic moves. Hopefully the AAC won’t do that again.

Actually wish the AAC could kick out Tulsa, Tulane and ECU and add BYU, CSU, BSU and either AFA or UNM.

4 Likes

One thing, the conference is very afraid of the next realignment and losing Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati. There may be a push by Aresco and the others to add a 12th school now in anticipation of that…figuring that whoever is added can be built up in that amount of time.

I’ve seen some schools like Georgia State, Appalachian State, and Buffalo tossed around as possibilities with potential.

4 Likes