Huge news for the program. Hopefully they can keep the momentum up.
BREAKING: UH meets $1B ‘Here, We Go’ campaign goal, will continue to 2020
According to the release, money raised from the campaign has created 1,032 new scholarships across campus, helped renovate and create facilities across campus and also expanded the size of the UH Victoria campus.
Of the reported 178,000-plus donors to the campaign, some individuals have contributed several million, such as Board of Regents Chairman Tilman Fertitta who gave $20 million for the construction of the Fertitta Center, formerly known as the Hofheinz Pavilion.
Campaign By-the-Numbers to Date
* 178,909 total donors
* 126,946 new, first-time donors
* 158,789 gifts
* $306M raised from alumni
* $197M raised from those with no academic ties to the UH System
* $201M raised from gifts under $25K
* $178M raised for scholarships
* $78M raised for chairs and professorships
* $150M raised for campus improvements
* 1,032 scholarships
* 16 new and renovated facilities
* 9 centers and institutions