UH Baseball Mediocrity Continues

Was it a disappointment from 2014-2018? I don’t agree this been a disappointment every year since he’s been here

1 Like

No one who watched that LSU series can honestly say every year has been a disappointment.

2 Likes

But but but Wacocoog Ben said I was negative and sarcastic by imagining what we might be if we upgraded our facilities and moved to a hotbed for recruiting. So sorry Ben. So sorry. Watch out posters. Ben is comin’ for ya.

Lol.

But seriously, does anyone remember a season where a staff went on such a walk-fest??

How many years does Whitting live off of the 2014 LSU series?

This weekend against Oklahoma is more of the same. MEDIOCRITY!!!

2 Likes

Definitely disappointing. Its when disappointing becomes predictable that we have a problem. I hope he figures it out in practice.

Oh it’s already become predictable… Every year the same thing.

Cougar Baseball plays a top tier team and they are no where near where they need to be.

Rinse and Repeat…

1 Like

19-0 Oklahoma. Guess they missed a couple of extra point attempts. :rage:

Yikes

Coastal Carolina wins a National Championship. We haven’t been to the CWS in over 50 years. Just sayin’.

Nothing against the kids … but we are in freaking Houston and hyping that our weekend starters are from California, St. Louis and Rhode Island?

6 Likes

Recruiting is the name of the game. I figured Whitting was in trouble when he had to resort basically on JUCO players.
We have had some great JUCO players but we also recruited top high school players.
Don’t know what has happened but this program has not been the same since the Romero incident(s).
Coach came here as a great recruiter for TCU and started out strong…but even with the new facilities things have seemed to fall apart.
Just like in women’s softball, you cannot win at this level without solid pitching…
We also need to somehow develop the pitchers we have because the trade deadline is gone lol

3 Likes

I don’t speak for anyone in administration but 19-1 is the type of thing that makes Renu throw furniture.

You could call it Whitting’s punt from the 30.

That’s not performing at a high standard.

3 Likes

Unless things drastically improve, Whitting will buy another year by firing Rooney. After that, he should retire to a fund raising position, that is his forte.

1 Like

I used to live and die with Coog baseball. I had high hopes for Todd and I heaped praise on the admin for that decision. I still think it was a great choice at the time.

But the truth will always reveal itself. The truth is we’re not getting traction. Definitely not in any upward trajectory. You don’t build the venue we have to lose in embarrassing fashion. And to under-perform your recruiting. It seems our ceiling is sneaking into the playoffs at the end.

3 Likes

Looks like Anderson may have been the key. Has steadily gone downhill since he left. I said that we were on a the wrong trajectory since the North Carolina regional which was winnable and was completely mismanaged.

5 Likes

1-5 outscored 46-13 vs TU, ATM and OU …that’s …uhhh…not good

2 Likes

Again we’ve made 4 of the last 6 tournaments. We’ve had more success in baseball than football or basketball since joining the American. We are in a downward trend but its correctable. Whitting has at least through the end of his contract (2 years) to right the ship.

While true, it’s only because there wasn’t a tournament last year and this year isn’t over. We weren’t making a regional last year. We aren’t making one this year either.

We had a really nice 5 year run from 2014-2018 but things are looking rough now. The worst part is it’s not hard to see what changed and we aren’t getting those guys back.

3 Likes

4 NCAAT appearances, 3 conference titles, 2 AACT titles, 4 AACT finals appearances, hosted a regional twice, and a trip to the supers in the last 6 full seasons. Again we may be on a down trend but we’ve still had a pretty good run with Whitting. I’d kill for our football team to have that level of success.

Would’ve said the same thing if we stopped the 2018 season in March, yet they found a way to crawl their way in…