UH Business Professor Saleha Khumawala Selected as Piper Professor

Saleha Khumawala, Robert Grinaker Professor of Accounting at the University of Houston C. T. Bauer College of Business, has been selected as a Piper Professor for superior teaching at the college level in Texas. Khumawala is just the 12th UH faculty member to receive the prestigious honor in the award’s 60-year history.

The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation, a Texas-based nonprofit organization founded in 1950 to support charitable, scientific and educational undertakings, selects 10 honorees from across the state each year.

“This is a tremendous recognition that illustrates the amount of teaching and various opportunities that I have been afforded throughout my career,” said Khumawala. “I could not have done this without the support I have received from my family, particularly my husband, my colleagues and my students. I am truly indebted to each and every one of them.”

She’s really good. I took one of her courses years ago.

1 Like

She is sharp as a tack. She does a ton with micro finance and helping the poor and underserved obtain loans to start businesses.

1 Like

Everyone who works for her NFP does so pro bono. All money raised God’s to the cause!

1 Like