Sean, Rich, and Ted talk with UH coach Major Applewhite about the Astros win, the Cougars win over previously undefeated South Florida, and more.
pray10 (Patrick) #1
pray10 (Patrick) #2
- CMA says he’s lame. Got the look from the wife to be quiet because of the youngsters. Excited for the Astros and the city of Houston.
- Rich gives a great setup asking about King. CMA says he brings consistency with his feet and made some great throws. Talks about how he was successful at Manvel and was coached well there and he expects to win. Excited how he played last week, but on to the next one.
- Don’t use the whole playbook every week. Certain things work better for certain QBs; some things will fit King’s skill set more. Will have to continue to play like we did late in the game against USF.
- CMA doesn’t feel any challenges in the season. Play the guys who you think will win. Everyone in the building is paid to produce and you have to do your job. Don’t really pay attention to outside distractions. Look at who executes and who responds to leadership.
- Mentions that the defense had great effort. Takes 11 guys to pursue Flowers, playing sound ball. Second half, no costly penalties; didn’t shoot selves in foot.
- ECU throws the ball real well (25th in the country passing). Guys on the outside that can protect the QB; experienced QB. New coordinator throws a few wrinkles that you have to look out for. Have to be prepared every week in this conference.
- Rich really likes King; mentions the comparisons to Ward. Lot of similarities between the two; both intelligent and want to know how to be the best they can be. They can do things with their feet when you call a play to get 15 and they can modify it and get 35.
- Go Coogs