UH Coaching Changes Coming?

I suspect that changes, if any, will start leaking out later today.

4 Likes

Hopefully Dana hires a new OC after he replaces Etheridge

I’ll be happy to call plays on the weekends as a side-hustle. CDH should give me shout.

7 Likes

The Tennessee coach is now available.

2 Likes

Need major changes in the trajectory and culture of this program. Right now it is the weakest link in UH athletics. Hoping for a significant revamp including replacing the head coach if possible.

2 Likes

Respectfully, continuity and consistency are the things most needed. Culture follows those. Constant change is the enemy of a stable culture.

8 Likes

Leak it and start your own publication. I will subscribe.

Herman walked in after constant turnover and sold some culture quickly. Wearing that national championship ring probably helped.

Winning is the easiest way to build culture.

Also with Pruitt being fired at least no one is poaching us…

3 Likes

Help me understand this “bad culture” narrative. I’ve seen this thrown around this board for a long time now. What is it specifically that you can point to that says we have a culture problem?

1 Like

Herman walked in with Greg Ward, Elandon Roberts, Demarcus Ayers, Kenneth Farrow, William Jackson III, Adrian McDonald, Tyler McCloskey, Cameron Malvieux, Matthew Adams, etc. already in house and ready to kick butt. That group just came off a thrilling victory in the Armed Forces Bowl coming back from a 34-9 deficit in the 4th quarter.

On the other hand, Holgorsen inherited a team that had lost 4 of it’s last 5 games, including a 70-14 butt kicking by Army in the Armed Forces Bowl. There were no players of the quality that Herman inherited. It’s a lot easier to “turn around” a program on the ascent than one on the decline.

18 Likes

Although I agree with you about Holgerson, I think a lot of the mindset changes that Herman brought, contributed to the success of that 2015 season, as a former player once told me. I doubt they have as good of a season if Levine were coaching that group in 2015.

1 Like

Put up 10 or 15 million, and your opinion might, just might gain some consideration . . . . .

6 Likes

Herman walking in with that national championship ring garnered him a lot more respect and I am sure the players gave him there full attention. Plus remember the players had to earn the right to use the facilities.

Is someone suggesting we do something like this next season?

Herman caught lightning in a bottle in his first year. Showed us what he was made of in his second year as he pissed on UH on the way out the door !!

And in his next 4 years with everything at his disposal showed that he is at best a mediocre HC.

He has never proven that he was a high quality HC. !! Just like I said,

4 Likes

We get it, man… you don’t like the guy. :joy:

TwinsMom says we do not have a culture problem.

Her source is…well…straight from the horse’s mouth.

UH has a talent problem. That is why Alabama could demolish ND.

Look for February signings to see where we are

3 Likes

Our culture problem is our fan base…

17 Likes

WTF does Tom Herman have to do with our current asst coaches potentially leaving/being fired and getting replaced ?

5 Likes

From 1964 to 2013 I was active in our football program. Season tickets, traveled with the team to away games, funded scholarships, visited with coaching staff, attended practices, knew and visited with many boosters etc. Sadly health and medical problems intervened and took away that ability. I say this as a predicate for my statement I do not know this staff. Would some of our posters please comment on who (among the assistants) they would like to see leave and who they would like to see us bring on board.

2 Likes

I am sure coach Holgerson will be able to retain most of his staff so continuity will not be a problem.