UH football considering holding a spring practice out of town next year

There was talk of holding a spring practice off-campus this year, but Applewhite balked at the idea because of the addition of four new staff members. By moving a practice – or possibly a scrimmage – elsewhere, Applewhite said it would allow UH to “reach out to the high school (coaching) community.”

1 Like

I wonder where…out in the Houston suburbs or another city?

East Texas? (Beaumont / Lamar)

I vote for Austin but no scrimmage with the Orange Empire.

Listening to the teleconference that he made the comments on, it didn’t sound like it would be far. Probably somewhere that they recruit well (Westfield, John Tyler, etc)

3 Likes

Hopefully Klein Memorial stadium! Back in 82 the Rice basketball team came and scrimaged in our gym, it was great watching Rickey Pierce drain shot after shot.

How about the geniuses in marketing in conjunction with the coaching staff make a concerted effort to bring out numerous coaches and little league organizations in the hotbed of high school football located in a metro area of 8 million to the spring game and also showcase our facilities. Yes, the Greater Houston area. Oh, sorry. That makes too much sense. I swear. Why do we insist on Coogin’ it non-stop?

1 Like

San Antonio has been a bed of recruits over the years for the Coogs and there’s a fairly large alumni population I believe.

1 Like