UH Football Twitter Pics Yesterday

So Derek is your son; great kid. I have been wondering who your son was and now I know. We are so glad he’s a Coog.

2 Likes

Agree. It’s the classic look but updated, and I don’t consider that a contradiction in terms. Not sure why so many schools moved away from some contrast in their uniforms. You still see it at schools like Alabama, Michigan, Oklahoma, etc.

1 Like

Lololo

Thank you! He loves this team!

4 Likes

Giena: He is a good looking young man. Bet he has a lot of coeds after him. Looking for some great things from him this year. I will be keeping my eye out for #31 this year.

3 Likes

All red everything!! Need red socks and cleats too.

And for what it’s worth, Burt Reynolds was a RB at Florida State…

2 Likes

Thank you! He is ready! Looking forward to a great season.

3 Likes

I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle’s wings, and singin’ lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I’m in the front row and I’m hammered drunk!

2 Likes

Shake n Bake! lol

Anywho, I’m not a fan of the pimple look (all red) nor the white helmets. :thinking:

2 Likes

Can you imagine being on defense… and you look up… and number 34 is coming at you… and its your job to tackle him. OUCH!

2 Likes

The Tune pic reminds me of some photos in some of the older issues of Dave Campbell’s Texas Football.

Y’all have the weirdest uniform demands. Red pants ok, but white helmets not ok. Alrighty then.

Personally I don’t get why the helmets are a completely different color red than the uniforms.

4 Likes

Agreed, I hate the “candy” colored helmets.

3 Likes

I could not agree more. Those helmets just don’t go with our red jersey.

1 Like

It seems red is a hard color to match up perfectly. Even the metallic ones differ than the smooth red ones.

Glad to have Derek on the team. Remember watching him and his brother all the way back to there Buccaneer days. Also thank Blake for his service.

1 Like

Part of the Reds color difference may be photo & lighting — the eye and the camera pick things up differently — I bet they look ‘closer’ in real life

1 Like

Thank you so much, that means a lot!

3 Likes

That’s funny, I picture him as middle eastern looking.

1 Like