UH has put at least one defensive player in the NFL every year since 2012

Crazy when you think about it. Every year since 2012 a UH defensivebplayer have made it to an NFL Training Camp. From Sammy Brown to Nick Saenz to WJ3 to Matt Adams to Ed Oliver.

Especially since to this day we’re nationally known for being an offensive juggernaut.

7 Likes

Not trying to be nitpicky, but you forgot some key guys like Elandon Roberts, Tyus Bowser, and Brandon Wilson. But I’m totally with you, our trademark if you will has been a high scoring offense for the past decade but the defensive guys have been taking it to the next level.

4 Likes

We have a good chance to add to that list after this year. There really has been some good defensive talent for some time now.

3 Likes

I didnt want to name everybody and make the post longer. Plus there Isaiah Johnsonn Alex Myers, DJ Hayden, Emeke Egbule, Howard Wilson, Derrick Matthews, Joey Mbu, Cam Malveaux among others

3 Likes

We did as well, maybe better, during the Yeoman and Pardee years.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind at all if you did. A lot of pride with those guys representing us. But I get you were just trying to get to the point. And again I wasn’t trying to complain just wanting to give credit.

UH has always been able to produce good secondary and linebackers. It has been our D-line that has been suspect with the exception of Oliver. Mbu even got pushed all the time in college, but still got a shot. UH just needs two or three players to light it up in the NFL and I think we could get the O-line and D-line talent here.