UH merchandise: All

None that I have heard of. I recall (just before the start of the season) it being talked about around the office that they were going to carry more UH gear in the local stores, I am not sure if that is tied to Fanatics deal, or of it was just bandwagon, or a change in licencing. Maybe a combination of licencing/bandwagon.

I just checked the website and there is a much better selection than I have ever seen in a store, not sure if it is taking time to get to stores, or if this is SD just choosing not to stock it.

I did notice that the stuff online is more Nike than before (there used to be some, but very little), so maybe there is something to the change, as I used to find unusual brand stuff, like Russel Athletics UH gear in store, and I do not see that stuff online or in the store near me (I-10 and 99) anymore.

To add:
Academy has invested heavily recently in programs to help determine the value of rack based on turnover of the items, margin of items etc. I would imagine this is telling them stock more UH, but they probably still change slowly, as they have to clear out other stuff, not just simply add UH (I do not think anything ever goes back to warehouse, they sell it, if it doesn’t sell, it gets clearanced out - but that obviously kills margins, so they probably account for that too, if we sell something at a loss, it may not be able to be made up with a small margin College gear, so they need sell through of other stuff - but this is just my guess based on what I know - which is limited, as I work in IT, and do not know much about the store operations really, so take it with a grain of salt).

I was in Dallas 2 weekends ago and went to an Academy hoping to get a SMU shirt for my newborn (my Grandfather, who we were going to visit, and passed just 5 days after our visit, played for SMU - so forgive me - it was for him), and there was nothing, not a single SMU item, and there was less TCU stuff than the Katy Academy has UH, it really shocked me, but it did make me wonder it it was because the margins on college stuff make it hard to stock large amounts, maybe the licence deals for the good gear (Nike/Under Armor IMO) leave margins really slim or something.

Thanks for your info. Don’t know why Im just curious as to how all this works. Many of the decent items (my decent = Nike) are sold out online. Ive also noticed Academy does not get any of the Sideline items (http://www.bsnsports.com/pdfs/nikesideline-16_co.pdf). The bookstore has only started carrying these type items this year. Didn’t know if that was a new contract thing or what. Any knowledge why Academy wouldn’t get these type items? Lack of availability? Location decided it wasn’t worth it?

That may be up to the vendor, Nike, not making them available, as I do not see those items for UT either (yeah, I am using them as the litmus test).

1 Like

Thank you for that site Patrick.
These products were I believe on our School shop website
last year and two years ago. Compare it with what we have on our School store website now. I am sorry but they should have more updated products. The licensing issue is @#$%$crap. The media numbers is a direct corelation to what people would want to purchase at a store.

I’ve heard from numerous retailers that it was tough to get licensing with UH
I don’t know the reasoning
just that it was difficult.

That is @#$%&crap and another excuse. It is in UH best interest to have its product sold EVERYWHERE. I was in Dallas a few weeks ago and you could find uta’s propaganda at the airport. I asked for UH products. The clerk responded that many people have asked but no plans to sell them.

Absolutely not. That’s total BS. UH doesn’t license individual stores. They license manufacturers but I don’t think they turn down licenses very often. UH wouldn’t keep a store from carrying officially licensed merchandise.

1 Like

They have some great stuff there. They have shitty polos, no Nike.

Yall! Check this out! LIDS Locker room in City Center wall!

1 Like

Yesssss. Closest mall to me.

1 Like

Nice selection at the New dicks in Katy. Much more ut and aggie stuff, but we are pretty prominent. No hats thoughđŸ€”

Here is a good deal $10 a shirt

1 Like

Spoke to the employees and they explained that they still have alot of stuff coming in so maybe just a rush thing. My opinion, let’s Takeover this place to make a point.

Go Coogs!