UH new hires: Kendal Briles and Randy Clements

Finally a competent hire.

6 Likes

He is rumored to be going to Arizona.

Applewhite to Arizona ?

Miles.

How long does the younger Briles have to wait before afforded a chance then? Two years may not have been enough for some but it’s still different than UH picking him up right after his breakup with Baylor

7 Likes

I hope UH knows what they are doing with this hire. I guess the idea is that the on-field product will overcome any initial anger and disappointment. There are going to be some defections, people dropping tickets when the school really can’t afford it. Couple that with the potential of another disappointing season and this could be a colossal mistake.

Time will tell. But I hope Pez has more of a campaign ready than some words to Berman on a Saturday morning. This program cannot afford to move backwards financially. I am not casting any guilt or whatever on Kendal, but simply speaking about the reality of the economics.

1 Like

The only thing that sinks our program financially is losing to the likes of Tulane

14 Likes

How much did FAU suffer this year? Any losses in ticket sales will be dwarfed by new ticket sales because we are winning, excited and relevant again

8 Likes

Seems to me Briles has been only been guilty by association. He has never been accused or found guilty of anything. He is a brilliant offensive mind and we need something like this to spark what has been a dismal offence. I am happy with the hire and am willing to give him a chance.

12 Likes

Thanks for regurgitating exactly what I wrote UH is betting on in the second sentence of my post.

That’s the great thing about the City of Houston in general, they always rally to a winner one of the most band wagon cities on the planet. Losing games to no names will always be infinitely more damaging to our brand in the city.

That is my point. You have pissed off a segment of fans with this hire. Fans who stood by the program even in disappointing seasons. If you piss them off with this hire and STILL lose games, you have a massive problem that will deal a blow to the program. Even people here who are all gung ho on the hire will turn on Briles with a quickness.

2 Likes

Done with UH athletics till Briles and those responsible for his hire are gone.

3 Likes

There arent that many people that you are referring to. Very few as a matter of fact, we won’t get into P5 conference on their backs. We need to win and grow our fanbase and that will entail risks such as this.

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Please keep it respectful.

6 Likes

Terrific hire. Major kudos to Applewhite, Pezman and Khator. Will keep all 11 season tickets and see if we can add a few more adjacent seats this year.

10 Likes

So if you have season tickets, and don’t renew I guess that would make #3 on the board officially. I’m just keeping a running tally for Lawdog’s dump thread. Other than that, I guess we’ll see you next transition.

1 Like

The “problem hire” was Applewhite !

2 Likes

OMG :open_mouth: Are you kidding!!?!

I, probably like many, have mixed feelings about the hire. These guys were around a program that took a black eye due to numerous rapes. However, some of these events took place 4,5, of 6 years ago and I am sure these guys have learned from the events. It even impacted them losing their jobs and moving to Florida. My guess is that they realize this gives them a second chance and I doubt you see anything like this again. I would add that Kendall has a wife and kids now so I bet he has matured as a father and a husband and received feedback from the MRS about these events.

For football, it definitely gives a shot in the arm and should fix a weakness from last season.

1 Like