UH president Renu Khator open to another Houston-Texas football matchup

With all 4 games at reliant?

Screw ut…personally, I wouldn’t play their women’s tiddlywinks team !!

Nothing to be gained.

When the playing field was “somewhat” level in the ‘70’s and 80’s, we showed that we were equal in ability.

ut requires the $$ advantage to win and they have it.

I think RK should have snubbed them.

Del Conte is a kiss ass tool !!

9 Likes

The picture says it all. She is a LADY. Them on the contrary are the exact opposite of what their gender is supposed to be.

5 Likes

So I guess we don’t need to get the bleachers out of storage.

9 Likes

I know longer see any real excitement about playing Texas anymore. They were ‘nice’ enough to play us twice after they dumped us on the side of the road almost 25 years ago.

Truth is we’re on our own and we’ve been on our own for a generation. To hell with them and their crap conference.

Lets move on.

11 Likes

A game against Texas would be huge. I’d for sure do a 2 for 1 or the same deal we did with OU to play 1 game at NRG and 1 game at DKR. If we did a 2 for 1 the year we get them at TDECU would probably help sell at least an extra 5k in season tickets, especially if we are good. Roadies to Austin would also be fun.

But hey, you guys are right about 1 and 1’s. We got the 1 and 1 with Georgia Southern. Maybe we’ll get a series with Georgia State too.

I definitely wouldn’t do the Rice deal though where I think they had to do like a 3 for 1 with the only home game at NRG.

They are not going to play us. Major reason: recruiting. It’s the same with A$M.

It’s easier for them to flood the airways with ‘We’re Texas’ and all that crap versus losing to Houston and losing the inside track on recruiting.

4 Likes

Agreed, but let’s not get angry at there lack of interest. If the tables were turned, we would avoid paying them also.

I have always believed that if/when we get to P5 status, we would soon forget our struggles as a G5 and quickly adopt the P5 standard of avoiding potentially embarrassing losses to G5 opponents.

5 Likes

Not angry at all. Just realistic.

I agree. I don’t see UT agreeing to either one of those scenarios I laid out (2 for 1 or 1 at DKR and 1 at NRG), but I would definitely take either one if we had the opportunity.

My memory is hazy and could be off on this, but I think I remember Briles saying he would play UT under any circumstances they wanted, including on their practice field if that’s what they want.

I remember on the boards some folks several years ago were saying we were negotiating and close to signing a 4 game deal with the Aggies with 2 games in CS, 1 true home game and 1 game at NRG. Not sure how much truth there was to that or how close it got.

1 Like

That was a 6 page thread…it was one of the hottest threads ever on Coogfans.

1 Like

Thanks TJ for the input. I just don’t see either Texas or A$M playing us for many years to come if ever for that matter.

2 Likes

Why in the world would we let uta make a cent on us?
Give me one good reason and please explain your point.
We want to be in a P5 right?
Who is blocking us?
What has uta done to get us into a P5?
Who is trying to to establish a uth campus in Houston and why are they trying to do so?
Duarte’s headline is wrong on all count. It should read “U of H leader Renu Khator defies Texas P5 to play them!” That is how I read her comment. Which was brilliant. There demeanor told us everything we had to know.
Let us into any P5 and let see if THEY want to play us. These are AD’s are under uta’s influence and are scared @#$@ess if we do get an invite to a P5.

3 Likes

If we were to schedule UT do NOT go to DKR unless you want to be insulted, abused, spit on, have trash thrown at you etc. Their fans are the most arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, vulgar and rude you will ever encounter.

6 Likes

They might do a home and home with one game at dkr and our home game at the Alamo dome.

4 Likes

It’s funny because that would be their mindset in the negotiations.

2 Likes

They aren’t going to play us.

1 Like

Yeah, I honestly have no desire to play them. I would rather keep playing OU though.

2 Likes

I respect Dr Khator more than anything but

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY THEM IN ANY SPORT EVER AGAIN.

5 Likes

I have zero desire to play UT or A&M in football unless it’s a bowl or playoff game. We have plenty of potential, quality in-state opponents. Why we haven’t done deals w TCU or Baylor is disappointing. Gotta give Tech credit.
I would love to get LSU in the fold again, and Colorado seems like a great fit for UH and I can see them doing a 2 and 2 deal.

4 Likes