UH’s Nate Hinton is College Basketball’s Most Underrated Star, But At Least One National Pundit is Finally Catching On - Paper City Mag

5 Likes

Our best player. Not many of the over 50 UH teams I’ve followed that he wouldn’t have started and captained.

Benny would have been one of the top 50-100 of all-time had he Nate’s character/discipline/motor

5 Likes

I got to meet his parents last year, talking about nice, caring people. I told them how excited everyone was that there son chose the U of Houston. They said they were excited that U of H gave him this opportunity! These are very “humble” parents that were very greatful.

4 Likes

“Not to be about me, but if I don’t bring it, maybe some of the other guys look at me like, ‘Well that’s just the culture of the program.’ I take what I learned from Corey (Davis Jr.), Galen (Robinson Jr.), Breaon (Brady) — all those guys,” Hinton says of the leaders of last season’s record-setting 33-4 UH team.

That’s a great attitude and demonstrates the leadership of Hinton and of Coach Sampson. I love this.

5 Likes

I love the write ups that I’ve been reading in Paper City. Thanks for the link!

2 Likes

Hinton, what a competitor. You can see why with he, GROB and CD why we played so consistently and shut down everyone in our path.

This article seems to be misinformed regarding Rothstein’s position on Nate Hinton. Rothstein has been in on Nate Hinton since before Hinton played a single minute of college ball:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1042524995300352002

4 Likes

Correct. I believe he posted this after visiting UH and interviewing Kelvin.

This. Good post CL.

I don’t know if it’s a new tradition or the restoration of an old one. But it’s good to see consistency in leadership transition–where the leaders are the hardest workers and best examples.

1 Like

It’s that leadership (Sampson and Hinton and others) that makes me believe we can beat the Memphises (Memphisii?) of the world. We don’t start 5 NBA-level talented players, but I don’t think Memphis’ talented starting 5 works as hard as the Coogs.

1 Like

memphis isnt even 5 nba talents especially with wiseman gone…its 1 nba talent, 2 nba as junior talents …the rest are decent … we have no preciouos but outside of him we might be more talented than them, if we are talking about how they look this season…

i actually think they work very hard, they full pressthe entire game but they arent a very organized team…their turnovers per game are outlandish

1 Like

Thats what i thought. Thanks for posting!