UH to HOST XFL Championship Game!

DAYUM!!!

This XFL thing is the ULTIMATE UH Gravy Train!!!

Read on.

6 Likes

Bring on the revenue. Fertitta center was all over the news for the Globetrotters this morning. A lot of publicity for our facilities lately.

2 Likes

This is great for the city and great for UH!

Man TDECU is really getting their money’s worth!

6 Likes

Good for TDECU and UH!!

Hoping for great weather in April.

3 Likes

Cha-ching.

5 Likes

I hope that the Roughnecks are playing it!

6 Likes

Hopefully the XFL will be around in April.

6 Likes

Get ready concession stands!

7 Likes

Aramark just tweeted.

“We got this!”.

4 Likes

Errr, “we HAD this.”

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. 4 of the stadiums are NFL ones which are too big, 2 are soccer stadiums which are too small, and the old Ballpark in Arlington is terrible for football. I’m sure us having the paintable turf sealed the deal.

4 Likes

Hopefully we get the concessions straightened out for this game. Not good in game 1.

1 Like

Pretty surprised they didn’t just aim to do this at one of the team’s home stadium
 not sure a big crowd will be there if Houston isn’t in it.

Don’t worry, the Roughnecks will take care of the crowd.

2 Likes

Maybe Vince will be willing to help with our offices ,locker rooms and weight room:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s really good for them and us. They had a 10 year naming rights deal. When it comes back up, it will help our price.

2 Likes

Wow! That is totally, completely, hugely, extravagantly awesome! What an honor for us!

The AFL’s first two title games were hosted by the Oilers on campus at Jeppesen Stadium, that league turned out ok.

3 Likes

I thought the first one was in San Diego?

How much does UH actually get from the XFL? The new turf was great but how much does it help the bottom line?