UH to resume workouts

Are you trying to be Duarte?

1 Like

Duarte is freaking toast. He has crapped on UH fit the last time.

4 Likes

Yes, I think Duarte is a short timer at UH unless he can repair the damage and percepiton of himself some how.

1 Like

I think that bridge is burned. At this point, it appears that he is trying to get himself reassigned or fired. That is the only logical explanation to how he has conducted himself.

Duarte was correct in going after the administration for not testing kids. I would expect no less from him. UH administration is not perfect, and it’s ok to hold their feet to the fire. It’s not going to be liked here , but journalism is not about being liked. Duarte has seen coaches and ADs come and go.

I wish past administrations especially those in the 80s, 90s we’re questioned consistently and thoroughly for the stupid decisions they made that relegated this great institution to second tier (G5).

11 Likes

I don’t agree at all

4 Likes

I am not trying to be Duarte.

It is hard enough just to be HotelCoog.

All I want is for people I have come to respect and love over the last couple of decades on CoogFans (it has been a while in all its forms) to stay healthy and strong during a once in a century experience.

Listen to the science not the raw of the crowds in all their forms.

Protect yourself, your loved ones, and others that you care about.

4 Likes

:two_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation::two_hearts:

Hospitalizations are down? Where are you getting that info?

1 Like

Forget about the rates. About a thousand a day are dying.

But who cares that 1,000 people per day are dying. Let’s beat Tulane!

2 Likes

TMC site few days ago

291, 283, 234 consecutively
I went and looked again
they had 326 last two days .
so I will revise statement to increasing at a slower rate
I think it will go down this week
 based on trend

also you can see that almost 5000 of the icu beds in use are not covid related. 881 covid related icu and 1100 normal beds for covid

3 Likes

According to my son, no date had been set yet. They have a tentative date, but it’s day by day.

5 Likes

1000 are dying, where? not in Houston.

in texas 2424 deaths in total from state data.

10,000 died in texas from flu in 2017-18 season
were you as alarmed then?

7 Likes

They are not bringing students or athletes back at this time. Workouts have not resumed and it’s day by day. Coaches and athletes Zoom daily and revise any schedules in a daily basis. Coaches and athletes are taking every precaution before jumping back in.

6 Likes

What do you mean 1,000 are dying where?

Houston is the United States.

And Texas has an extra 3000 pneumonia deaths this year already. Or maybe those are untested Covid cases.

Exactly, these are not new cases, but just newly tested cases. With all of the problems with the test kits, one does not really know how many of the newly verified positives are real.

i guess flu deaths this year are 0 then

4 Likes

An extra 3000 just in the first months of the year, you don’t think that coincides with Covid?

:+1: :+1: