UH v #25 Cincinnati thread. (2:30pm on ESPN2)

In my opinion that is when the Coogs play the best looking at the UH sports history. It has always been a unique identity of UH. Coog Nation against the world!

4 Likes

They talk about our defense being atrocious; I think they forget to mention our defense matches up well with their offense. It’s one thing to respect your opponent (and Cincy is a really quality opponent), but no one is worried about a team that forced 3 interceptions but its offense was only able to help them win by 3 points.

Fickle has developed a knack for winning these grind it out, physical slug fests, but this is a true road game for them against a way better defensive front. Much like the UNT fans that thought the Coogs matched up poorly due to our secondary, there will be some upset Bearcat fans leaving TDECU on Saturday.

1 Like

On Saturday, the Cincinnati Bearcats will travel to Houston to face the Cougars for the 5th time since 2013, as members of the American Athletic Conference. Bearcats won the first two meetings - in Houston in 2013 and at home in 2014. And Houston won the next two - in Houston 2015 and on the road in 2016.

Overall, Cincinnati is 10-15 vs Houston with action coming between these schools during the ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s, 90’s and now.

2 Likes

Cincinnati’s strategy will almost certainly be ground-and-pound. Houston’s capacity to compete with Cincinnati will be predicated on their ability to stop the run. Similarly, the Cougars will need to establish the run when they have the ball to hang in this one.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1181366094390583297?s=20

2 Likes

Important stats about rushing yards

Cincy:

Individual rushing yards :eyes:

Individual rushing TDs

Individual yards per carry:

Team rushing offense rank:

Coogs on Cullen:

Individual rushing yards:

Carr tied for 74th in rushing TDs

Individual yards per carry:

Team rushing offense rank::beers:

1 Like

Total offense::joy:

1 Like

I smell a win Saturday!

2 Likes

A much needed break gave the Cougars a chance to heal and reevaluate where their team is at before a big week. Cincinnati comes to town after an emotional win, and Houston could be posed to pull off an upset.

4 Likes

If we start fast and play a complete game, we’ll win. This may be statement game.

4 Likes

Sorry but I have to call this article bogus. They have Stevenson as a senior and they put Anderson as an elite tackler. Both of those things are considerably wrong. So I can’t even consider the article to have much validity.

4 Likes

Line at UH +7.5 now:

2 Likes

We are going to whip the Bearcats and turn the season around with this win…

6 Likes

Guys on their board also say the team is tanking after our #1 WR (Corbin) red shirted. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but. lol

Coogs by 10.

4 Likes

Love it! I don’t think either team will have a lot of success airing it out. So hard nosed football and (kow) in perfect weather on Saturday. Bring your Hard Hats!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1181932328739835904

4 Likes

If I see any signs of quit I’ll be heckling unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

1 Like

Cougarrick on heckle alert!

1 Like

What would beating Cincinnati on Saturday mean to Houston?

Dustin : Saturday’s game is huge for the Cougars. A win would mean that Houston’s still very much alive in the AAC West race. It would put to bed all talk of the Cougars “tanking” this year by fully utilizing the redshirt rule. It would be the first real notch on Dana Holgorsen’s belt as a UH head coach, and quiet a lot of the critics that want to see UH fall on its face after throwing so much of Tilman Fertitta’s money around. Assuming Clayton Tune plays well (which probably has to happen if Houston beats Cincinnati), it raises further questions about whether or not D’Eriq King will have an open QB job waiting for him next year. Bottom line, it means that the Dana Holgorsen experiment is on track and ahead of schedule. I actually like Houston’s position heading into this one, it feels like they have a lot more to gain than they have to lose. A loss means that Houston’s only real goal this year is making a bowl, and that we can start focusing fully on 2020, but everybody kind of suspects those things are already the case anyway.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheLindaV/status/1181669614641700865?s=20

2 Likes