UH vs Providence (W 70-59)

Offense has definitely looked less than ideal other than when Brooks was in there.

Defense has been solid though. Providence is beat-up, and Coogs aren’t giving up anything easy.

1 Like

Love the effort on loose balls and offensive rebounds. You can tell we wanted it more in the first half. Shots will fall if they keep this up.

2 Likes

And Rob Gray’s decided to take this game over.

Coogs 39-26 with 16:55 to go

2 Likes

He needs a good game after his last two.

44-29 Coogs after another Brooks 3

15:17 left

1 Like

I think we broke their will a bit on some of those multiple offensive rebound possessions. Cks has to be loving those.

1 Like

Coogs are playing with some heart.

2 Likes

We play like this in conference we’re going dancing. Now testify!

3 Likes

54-35 Coogs as Gray has taken this game completely over. Has 15 in the half after another layup after the break to make it 56-35.

12:36 left

2 Likes

Friars on an 8-0 Run.

56-43 Coogs with 9:51 to go.

58-46 Coogs with 7:56 left.

I just wish we could find a way not to give up open three’s when we are up up double digits in the second half. Please stop double teeming ever time. It drives me nuts.

8 point game 4:30 left

WTF is with these fouls?

64-54 Coogs with 3:22 to go

Final, Coogs win!!! 70-59.

According to RPIForecast, that moves our RPI up from the 80’s to 52.

4 Likes

Another game in the books.

2 Likes

Fantastic win. Go coogs

2 Likes

Really happy about this result. We needed it.

2 Likes

I know I see see things with Scarlet colored glasses. But, wow, we seemed to get called for a lot of Ricky tack fouls in the 2nd half. I felt like that was when we went a bit cold.

Also, did the ESPN announcers seem very one-sided?
When it was close in the first half it was how we were playing so well.
When we were up by 21 it was about how Providence was playing soooo short-handed with only 8 in their rotation.
Providence down double digits all second half was called gritty and still in this game. Yes, there were 10:00 left and the refs calling everything slowing the game waaaaaay down.
Just seemed like they were cheerleading the Big East. Kept saying how Providence is a tourney team and we were a bubble type team. And without Wichira State our conference would only have a shot at one bid. They and Cincinnati were good. But UH and SMU were a step behind.
I guess when you buy the Bif Least and they start to fall back you need to promote them.

3 Likes