UH vs Rice agree to Series

so almost every single major team is in a announced tourney, there is 1 really big fish (kentucky) and 4 or 5 decent size fish left, then its all mid -majors

the chances of the tourney we are playing with rice being the who’s who of 200+ rpi teams is very very high

Ohio State, Arkansas, NC State, Indiana, and Maryland are all still available. Any of those would be solid.

Or, this is going to be the long-rumored Houston showcase and we’ll get SHSU, TSU, HBU, Lamar, Texas State, And UTSA or some other Texas schools to join in.

boy would that showcase suck…lol
either way i think we are 1 good game away from a passable schedule…either in this unknown tourney or another home and home would be nice

1 Like

It would be terrible.

rumor out of the byu side

BYU was never publicly announced for a preseason tourney, But they always play in one. BYU just released its full schedule with no official tourney announced
But a few byu fans noticed they play rice literally right before they play us, they think they are playing in the rice/houston MTE
and just negotiated another game beyond the mte

they think the other 2 teams in the MTE are Alabama state and Northwestern state who also play around the same time
Alabama state and northwestern state are both 3win 350-ish rpi teams (there are 351 teams)…

It makes sense…We have been in this tourney for months and no one has released anything publicly. We already announced details for the Ok State game which was scheduled way after. This tourney (if true) is SO bad that it’d be better just to announce BYU and Houston as a home and home and ignore the rest… we played 1 350-ish rpi team last season, this tourney alone has 3

It could also just be a coincidence; that byu just really isnt playing a tourney…with them playing rice the game right before ours

but if true

BYU’s games against Rice and Houston are 3 days apart and there are no games in between and no games really in that range afterwards or beforehand. Also, both games are in Provo so it could mean that there is something there. I mean, I guess it could mean that it’s the MTE, but it may just be those three teams playing each other in Provo with no others involved. That would probably be the best outcome for the Coogs.

Pezman is planning on making an announcement today during the media’s tour of the Fertitta Center. Guessing it will be the non-con schedule.

the rumor is true … a couple other places are reporting, guess ill make a thread for it i guess

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1017384669757759488

I don’t think we’re playing a true preseason tournament, at least not with BYU.

The first sentence of BYU’s press release announcing its schedule says:

“BYU men’s basketball has finalized its 2018-19 nonconference schedule, featuring eight regular season home games, a challenging road schedule, four in-state games and a pair of high-profile neutral contests.”

Picked last in Con USA in this one:
“While it’s certainly not impossible for Rice to finish closer to the middle of the pack in Conference USA, the rest of the conference simply has them outclassed on talent.”

UH vs Rice agree to Series

Really? WHY?

2 Likes

They stench but a nice evening for the Coog in terms of an away game.

Easy win, some cool places to pre/post game, and you can be home early.

We may have more fans than Rice.

1 Like

Definitely. I’ll be there :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

1 Like

Don’t count on that; Rice cheats a lot on their home court - went to a game there a few years ago, and the refs were clearly “bought”! Could happen again! In fact, it was so bad that I swore I would never see another game at their place - - but I lie to myself a lot about things like that.

The only reason I see is economics. It’s an easy roadie for us with little to no costs and a high %W. But I agree… f - these guys.