UH vs UTSA officially cancelled

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/905517678932131841
http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090617aab.html

From UTSA regarding tickets:

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Houston Football Game Will Not Be Rescheduled In 2017

Officials from The University of Texas at San Antonio and the University of Houston agreed on Wednesday that the previously postponed game against Houston will not be made up this season.

Following recovery from Hurricane Harvey, administrators from both universities will work together to reschedule the game for a date in a future year.

You are receiving this email because you purchased 2017 football season tickets and/or single game tickets for the Houston game. Refunds will be issued to all ticket purchasers of this game (please see the details listed below). THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL OR REQUEST YOUR REFUND - ALL BUYERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED.
REFUNDS
If you paid by credit card, the refund will go back on the card you used. Credit card refunds will be processed in the next two weeks. If you paid by cash or check, the Ticket Office will request a check to be mailed to the address on your account (this might take up to 30 days to arrive from the time we submit the check request to our accounting office).

Single game buyers will be refunded the cost of their tickets and the City of San Antonio Facility Fees that were paid. Season ticket holders will be refunded 1/6 of the ticket cost of their purchase, 1/6 of the City of San Antonio Facility Fees that they paid, and 1/6 of their parking pass charges (if parking was purchased). Roadrunner Athletic Fund donations associated with donor level seating will not be refunded. For questions regarding your RAF donation please call 210-458-4483.

NEXT HOME GAME
Our next home game is Sept. 16 versus Southern University. We hope to see you all there in the Alamodome to help UTSA DEFEND THE DOME. Please call the ticket office at 210-458-UTSA with any questions or to purchase tickets for this next game.
To change your e-mail preferences and unsubscribe please click link:
E-mail Preferences Link
This e-mail was sent to carylewismueller@gmail.com
ACCOUNT ID: 1507897
UTSA Ticket Office - 210-458-UTSA -ticketoffice@utsa.edu
One UTSA Circle - San Antonio, TX 78249

1 Like

I bought from UTSA directly but am wondering how this will work for the people that bought from the secondary market since I assume the prices were more than the 1/6th refund given to season ticket holders. My gut tells me that UTSA beats Baylor now that UH will not have a game against UTSA. I was looking forward to the weekend trip to SA.

From Ticketmasters’ website. Ticketmaster

Refunds for Canceled Events
We’ll contact you and issue a refund automatically, including all fees (except UPS and fees on certain Major League Baseball purchases).

I’ve got 6 tickets purchased through Ticketmaster so we shall see!

2 Likes

I am sure Ticketmaster will come through…I was thinking about the brokers: StubHub, SeatGeek, etc.

It says all buyers will be automatically refunded. So my guess is the people that sold their tickets will get the refund and people that bought the tickets from them get screwed.

I wonder what percent of UTSA season ticket holders considered UH to be only 1/6th the value of the whole package.

Seems like the face value of the tickets should be refunded to the season ticket holders because I will guess that the UH face are more than some, if not all, C-USA opponents

Yes, that is why Duarte and Berman tweeted it out 30 mins ago and everyone just received their emails from UTSA and TicketMaster…very old news.

Has anyone, who ordered tickets from UTSA, received an email yet? Ideally from ticketmaster.

Purchased through Ticketmaster. Got my refund in 3 days. Easy process

I bought tickets thru UH and some additional ones thru UTSA via TM. The refund from Ticketmaster was easy. Went to my account, clicked on the game and was offered a refund. Took about three clicks. Had an email that said $$ was going to be returned to my cc within a week.

I’m sure UH is working out how to refund the tickets they sold with UTSA. The Texans had an option to kick the $$ from the cancelled Cowboys game over to Harvey Relief. I’d be good with that option with these tickets as well.

Thats different from what was said earlier in the thread. [quote=“commishbob44, post:12, topic:8110, full:true”]
The refund from Ticketmaster was easy. Went to my account, clicked on the game and was offered a refund. Took about three clicks. Had an email that said $$ was going to be returned to my cc within a week.
[/quote]

via @H-Town THERE IS NO NEED TO CALL OR REQUEST YOUR REFUND - ALL BUYERS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED.

It’s certainly possible that refunds will be automatic if you don’t request one by a certain time. I’ve had automatic refunds a time or two with cancelled concerts. Can’t say for sure other than that’s what I did last night after I saw JD’s tweet and got curious.

1 Like

Another option discussed, playing on Dec. 2, really was not an option for UTSA, Hickey said. That’s the date of the C-USA championship game and UTSA has hopes of participating in it. The AAC has its championship game set for Dec. 2 as well.

Playing the following weekend wouldn’t work, either, Hickey said.

“We might be playing in an early bowl game then,” she said.

Hickey said officials from both schools would seek to reschedule the game for a future year. This year’s game was part of a four-game series that calls for two home contests for each program.

Aaaaand an email notification for the refund for the tix I bought thru UH just came. My AmEx account now has a surplus. :grinning:

1 Like