UHCougars.com has headline

but no link to detail story, “Deontay Anderson Joins Houston,” apparently confirming that the DB from Ole Miss has been added to the roster. fyi

1 Like

Fingers crossed he gets eligible for fall 18.

1 Like

I thought that he had graduated from Ole Miss, am I wrong?

No. He played as frosh. 2nd ream SEC All frosh.

Took a redshirt this year due to bowl ban. Just a soph.

NCAA only allowing the seniors to leave without sitting out but he lawyered up big time.

Hoping he can play right away.

Friday morning at 9 am and the link to a story with details still doesn’t work. I wonder if he’s been approved to either play or transfer.

He was a four star out of high school and number two safety in the USA.

Article loads for me. It starts by telling that he announced his commitment to ole miss while skydiving.

Weird. It still won’t load for me, though every other article loads. Did it say if he’s eligible for 2018 or not, and will he participate in Spring training?

He’s still waiting for an NCAA waiver. Currently the only players who don’t have to sit out are seniors. He’s trying to prove Ole Miss lied to him during his recruitment about the severity of the violations so he can get an early waiver. If he can play immediately, he has 3 years of eligibility left. If he has to sit out a year, since he redshirted last year, he will only have 2 years of eligibility left.

2 Likes

It also says he has hired the same lawyer that represented Houston Nutt in his lawsuit against Ole Miss.