UK a 2?

so most brackets have us on the same side as UK as a 2, UH as a 3.
I just watched them play a terrible mizzou team, like 3-10 in the sec.
they beat them by 8 pts but color me unimpressed with uk…did nothing to resemble a 2 seed imo.

2 Likes

UK is tough, they play with folks and are in a highly competitive conference. They deserve their placement.

1 Like

Only legit teams who had looked impressive thru the season Tier 1:
1.Duke- ScArY potential.
1A.Gonzaga- Can definitely beat Duke.
3. Virginia- Great against everyone else not named Duke.

I would put UH second tier and have confidence against every other team not in the Tier 1 to win.

Tier 2: Houston
Michigan
Tennessee
Kentucky
North Carolina
Nevada
LSU

Tier 3
Kansas (health questions)
Michigan St (Langford’s injury bumps them down a tier)
Marquette (Markus Howard is this year’s Rob Gray) Dark horse team.
Texas Tech- recovering from losing to Duke earlier after basically winning most of that game. Great coach.

Everyone else… Doesn’t really have a LEGIT chance to even reach the championship, nevertheless win the whole thing. Buffalo is the best small school team who can reach the ELITE 8 with a good draw. Iowa St is the big conference sleeper. They’re deep & tough.

4 Likes

Every game is on it’s own. They just came off an emotional W over then #1 UT. Coach Cal obviously has high turnover w one and done but they get better as season goes on and it’s showing again. #BlueBlood

You’re right, Tom. And it was a road win and their big man got injured.

I’m pretty sure they played at UK. Watched quite bit of it but they all start lumping lump together when you get old and the grey hair gets in the way.

No… It was at Missouri.

oh we talking about different game. I’m speaking of the big Win they had on Sat against UT.

I see where you were coming from now. Yes we agree just get the W after big game just 72 hours earlier. That’s why you can’t just go off of just one game bec every team will look beatable at some point. That’s what makes MarchMadness so interesting, you only have to beat them once and you move on to next one.

Maybe Calipari missed payroll this week like the AAF and the players were not as motivated?

1 Like

:joy::joy:

You have to watch several games to make any judgment. Imagine anyone judging us just by our 8 point victory at 4-8 UConn or our 9 point victory at home against 5-7 Wichita State. No one is going to give a 4-8 team more respect in the AAC than a 3-10 team in the SEC. That 3-10 Missouri team lost to our number 4 team by 2 and beat our number 3 team by 2.

2 Likes

Not sure if serious?

Every single team you listed has a legitimate chance to be in final four. I see Duke, Virginia and then there is the rest of us.

We can beat Kentucky.

2 Likes

When we are hot, we can beat anybody in the country. We want teams to keep overlooking
us like the little school that made the Final Four last year??
Big guard matchups like Cumberland at Cinci are tough for us and Duke has two. I like our chances.

1 Like

I have seen all of these teams. We can beat anybof Uk, Tenn, Gonzaga.

UK and Zaga both have very versatile and fluid bigs who can put the ball on the court and hurt a team in the paint. For a those teams I think Alley becomes a huge factor on D.

Traditional bigs who can play don’t scare me as much like Tenn and UV have but what concerns me about UV is their ability to play off the big and hit shots.

Duke is talented but they are young and can be frustrated if they cannot get the ball where they are used to getting it.

Good take ironman, I think we are quicker than Duke and our bigs must play the game of their life to beat Duke.

When it comes to teams that give UH trouble, I look for the size of their guards and wings. Like Temple, the length on the perimeter can give Corey and Armoni trouble. Starting two guards at 6’0 or 6’1’" range will sometimes give us an advantage from speed / quickness but will also present problems at times in the half-court sets.

Gonzaga starts only one guy under 6’5" and he is 6’3". And they out-rebound their opponents (7) about the same as UH (8). Their overall length in addition to their offensive power concerns me.

1 Like

Discussing basketball Xs and Os is for others, not my expertise, nor my interest.

Very simply, if we bring our A game, then we can be competitive against any team in the country, and if we can’t beat one of the so-called elite teams while playing our A game, then we gave it our best and we surpassed nearly every UH fans expectations for this season.