Un-American Conference Tournament Talk

Florida seems to be their kryptonite! I bet their glad they wont have to play them again lol

2 Likes

Doing the gator chomp. Non-Lunardi ESPN just said LSU slides to a 3 seed in their opinion. That was a great ending welcome to March.

4 Likes

Bama is playing for a bid tonight too vs Kentucky.

1 Like

Commentator just said he thinks with this loss it “slides them down to a 3-seed”. Hope that means we have an avenue.

2 Likes

As long as Michigan doesn’t win the Big 10 and we win the AAC postseason crown, we better absolutely be a 2 seed.

3 Likes

Purdue and KSU go down

3 Likes

Does Florida State beating Virginia help or hurt our #2 seed hopes?

I don’t think it matters Virginia is a lock to be a #1 seed regardless of what happens in their conference tournament.

2 Likes

Agree, once the big 3 in the ACC made it to the semis their seeds were pretty much set

1 Like

I was thinking more about the Florida State part…they are #12 and are probably going to jump us.

Nevada is losing in the 2nd half. I wonder if losing tonight would knock them off the 6 seed many brackets have us paired with them 2nd round.

1 Like

LSU & TXTECH both lost and were ahead of UH in polls so should offset.

1 Like

I think Gonzaga might drop to a #2 now. I could see Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Virginia as the #1’s. That’s good because those are the 4 teams I’d rather UH avoid as long as possible. I think we would handle all the Big 10 teams. I hope we are a #2 or #3 paired with Michigan, Purdue, or Michigan State (MSU least preferable though).

2 Likes

In my opinion, UVA is the team UH could most easily handle out of the #1 seeds. The Coogs have the necessary discipline and effort level on defense to cause UVA real problems and more than enough weapons on offense.
The Cheaters could win a track meet with the Coogs but I think the Coogs rebounding could keep that kind of game from happening.
Gonzaga I haven’t watched enough.
Dook is the best team in the country with a healthy Zion.
I’m still not as sold on UK as most.

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to watch the PAC12 tourney due to UVerse dropping the PAC12 Network. If only they had a team from Houston that would get them carriage in the Houston market.
I think it is funny that the AAC has a better TV deal for our tourney than the PAC.

2 Likes

It’s funny the SwAc has a better tournament TV deal deal than the Sunbelt. All their games are on ESPN+

1 Like

With all the upsets, it looks like conferences that were one bid leagues will get more teams in. Does this squeeze the American where only 3 get in?

Good possibility unless Memphis or Wichita State win the tourney. I think Temple is hanging by a thread at this point.

LSU went out early but look out, Oregon’s in the champ game. Utah st is kicking some booty too. And St Louis still going!

2 Likes

the commitee says theyve already decided who 34 of the 36 atlarge will be…IMO i think temple is in

all major bracketologist still have temple and temple is not bottom 2 in either …

and that the last 2 spots are being battled by 14 teams

2 Likes