Unboom

Support, yes. But what else is there to do in the state besides drive to a big city…well, I’m not quite sure.

I will still check on y’all from time to time. You guys have been great and Living in Houston gotta support the coogs!

15 Likes

Isn’t he supposed to be studying??? :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Yes, he is! :slight_smile: :wink:

And I hope he does. But, I was referring to the supporters…

1 Like

Then… Cowbell ringing? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

US News & World Report ranks them #211, that’s not bad. Many Texans have adopted the northern stereotype of southern states and southern education without knowing what they are talking about.

There’s about 5000 colleges and universities (+/-) and 211 is pretty good— even if it only ranked #211 of public colleges and universities.

Ann, I wish your son well. I hope he has a successful and enjoyable time at MSU.

6 Likes

HaHa!

It’s amazing how you can so clearly know my motives and reasoning. You should use that extraordinary power buying some stock investments or going to Vegas!

UH is in the south. I compared two southern schools. Using your logic, all southern schools are both equal to each other and superior to schools elsewhere. This reminds me of the southerners who embarrassingly flaunt their provincial foolishness by thinking everything in the south is categorically superior to anything else in the world.

And to think I thought Duke (#10) or Tulane (#40) are generally considered academically superior schools to…the U of North Carolina - Greensboro (#272), Penn State (#57), or U of Mass - Amherst (#64). Oh, well…just another sign of my “northern” bias.

FYI, that’s #211 and UH is #185, so using your own (flawed) metric, UH is graded higher than Miss State underscoring my very point.

And for the record, I never said it was a bad school. But, you know that…

You sure read a lot in what I posted — mostly wrong. I merely pointed out that MSU is not a bad school and there’s a stereotype of the south; both of which are true.

I never said you said MSU was bad, though one could take your post as implying it.

MSU is definitely not a bad school. Have two nieces that graduated from their architecture school and both are highly successful. Also have hired many from almost every disciplines in their engineering school. They have done really good work and will keep recruiting there.

Nope - I think I read it quite well.

Very few schools are “bad.” There are some - but not very many. Most colleges have good programs, students and good faculty. But that in no way means all schools are equal.

Thank you!! I appreciate the kind words!

1 Like

Don’t see where i ever mentioned “equal”, so let me restate. MSU an excellent school in many ways, but like ALL schools there is plenty of room for improvement.