UNC / Duke

We can beat both of these guys.

3 Likes

Chill
 Without Zion, definitely.

1 Like

Where would UH finish in the ACC or SEC?

I think UH would win the Pac12.

UH would be top 2 in the Big 12.

Duke is definitely a different team without Zion. I think we can play with both of them for sure but they do scare me because of the talent level on both squads. I think we are a deeper team for sure, they both have 2 players dominating the stats, we spread it around which is a benefit to us. I was hoping to take UNC’s #2 seed after this game but it looks like we might want to avoid them altogether

I think there will be lot’s of talk tomorrow about Zion shutting it down for the year. Freak blown shoe accident might be a sign
:moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

80 percent of scoring for both teams have come from two guys from each team.

We do a great job of shutting down the high scorer and/or making their top scorer’s shooting percentage go way down.

Our three man big-man rotation will work againt teams with a dominant big man.

Somewhere around 4th in the acc would be plausible.

I honestly have no idea where UH would finish in ACC
but it would be fun to find out !!

Alas, they ain’t gonna happen !!!

1 Like

Based on what I saw in one of their latest games we are also better than Gonzaga.

UNC is a good team, but Duke without Zion doesn’t win the AAC or the ACC. UH would kill them on the glass if they didn’t have Zion. That 1st half was a brick fest from 3 for both teams. You aren’t beating this UH team shooting 2-20 from 3. This was as much about Duke being awful without Zion as it was UNC’s greatness. Luke Maye is not putting up 30-15 against our bigs either.

1 Like

If Zion misses the game vs Syracuse, they’ll lose that game.

It doesn’t appear from sports news that he’s seriously hurt, but it may be wise to sit out a game.

On the other hand, there is speculation that he should sit out the balance of the season.

1 Like

Man I really can’t see it. Football is different when you end the year playing in the Meineke Car Care Bowl or something. If you’re not in the top four heading into the playoff, why risk it?

March Madness is a different animal. Have a hard time seeing him walk away from Duke and a very real chance to win a title. Plus the risk potential for injury is far less in basketball. Hell, he could tear is ACL and still be a top 3 pick in the draft.

I’d slow that roll about performance in one game. It’s not like we’re always an efficient offense, and against far less talented teams.

1 Like

I’m not counting Duke out yet, especially coach K. They get some great players every year and they can play too.

Washington is somewhere between Cincinnati and UCF overall. I think Cincinnati would win that league too.

That’s more a sign of the AAC’s strength, but the Pac 12 is in serious danger of being a one-bid league this year.

In the ACC Duke is better than UH on a night in night out basis.
Next cut is UVa and the Cheaters. I think that is where UH fits in. Clearly better than FSU, VT, Louisville which is the next group so I would say third or fourth place finish.

1 Like

If LSU beats Tennessee they’ll take sole possession of first place in the SEC over Kentucky. That’s the team UH beat.

We also beat the #2 team in the MWC in Utah State. Turns out they were pretty good as they now have an overall record of 21-6 and trail Nevada by a 1/2 game for 1st place.

Now, we could lose to anyone in the znCAA tournament just like other highly ranked teams lose every year. Upsets happen all the time.
Still, I think I this UH team has the scoring and defensive prowess to beat anyone from any conference.

For our lawyers. Does Zion have a product liability lawsuit?