UNC / Duke

I am no lawyer but seems unlikely as a freak, one-time occurrence.
Was this the first time he wore that pair?
If not, were they inspected prior to the UNC game to ensure no damage?
Did he lace them according to the methods recommended by Nike?

I am sure something could be worked out before it ever saw a courtroom.

And then this time next year he has a huge Nike deal but it is just coincidence

My law school son is likely to write a paper on this topic for his insurance law class. I was curious what others thought.

I agree it was a freak thing but the product did fail and he was injured. I struggle to see a case but I am no lawyer.

I am interested in his perspective if he writes it

Agreed. To think that Duke wouldn’t win the AAC without Zion is laughable. Every player on Dukes team would start on any other team including ours.

That’s just you buying into recruiting rankings. But I’ll play. Hypothetical lineups sans Zion in a Duke UH game.
PG GRob vs Tre Jones = Advantage Coogs

SG: Armoni Brooks vs RJ Barrett = Big advantage for Duke

SF: Corey Davis vs Cam Reddish = Push to slight advantage for UH

PF: Fabian White vs Jack White = Push

C: Braeon Brady vs Marques Bolden = advantage Duke

Bench: HUGE advantage for UH

If we played Duke and they didn’t have Zion, they would struggle to score IMO. All you have to do is man mark Reddish with Nate or Ced off the bench and pack the paint to force RJ into shooting 3’s. Our plethora of bigs would dominate the glass. Hell, RJ and Cam could both score 25+. Who else is scoring on that Duke team?

1 Like

Marques Bolden sux lol
 All he has is height.

He’s just an average college player. That’s kind of my point. RJ and Reddish are lottery picks, but that is about potential down the road and has zero to do with college basketball this season. Zion is a once in a lifetime player who makes the game so much easier for all of them. You can’t replace that.

1 Like

Right, Pay no attention to the National Championships, Final 4 appearances, Conference Championships, players that went to the Pros, etc that Duke can scoreboard everyone with.
Duke is not a flash in the pan and certainly not a one trick pony.
I love our team but come on man, Duke is as fine a team and program as any that exist. They don’t rebuild they reload.

We let Cumberland score 27 points on us but some of ya’ll think we can handle 3 scorers in Zion, Barrett, and Reddish? We would have to play a perfect game and we havent had one yet. Our team is good dont get me wrong but I wouldnt say things like struggle, kill them, they’re nothing without. smh 1,123 to 340

If it did come down to Duke and UH in the tournament, I would love to see what Zion could do against Ced Alley. Might be an interesting match up.

1 Like

This discussion reminds me of when Charles Barkley and Auburn played us during the phi slama days. Larry Micheaux and company met their match under the boards that day.

He is not talking about any of the Duke teams that did all the stuff you mentioned. He is talking about this year’s team only.

I have not seen them play but Matt’s statement was based on what he observed.