Underdog Dynasty Game Preview

3 Likes

I still think people are under-selling the entire defense, but particular the secondary, based on how awful the defense was last year. Last year’s defense had almost no depth, but it was actually decent in the first halves of games. The wheels came off in the 2nd half due to lack of depth and exhaustion. That shouldn’t happen this year. The talent has been there and now there is depth. I expect the defense to be vastly improved this year.

8 Likes

I have a strange feeling this is going to be a good year. If we can keep our QB healthy.

4 Likes

Agreed. I don’t even think Tune will have to be special this year for it to be a good year. Just don’t throw INTs and let his dynamic playmakers make the plays. The defense should be able to hold its own against most, if not all of our opponents.

2 Likes

This will go down in history as one of the great moments in Cougar Football.

5 Likes

LOL!

1 Like

We’re going to win this game.

4 Likes

AMEN!!!

3 Likes

Redshirt freshman starting at LT worries me some. I know he started 3 games last year and he is supposed to be good. But a redshirt freshman at LT…

1 Like

He obviously is our best bet at LT or someone else would be playing there. Sometimes you just get a really good one who deserves to start as a freshman or RSFR.

4 Likes

Redshirt Freshman > Freshman. It could be (and has been) worse

2 Likes

Remember a guy named SirVincent Rogers?

1 Like

Yes good player, got called for holding a lot.

In fact my section of Robertson knighted him Sir Holdsalot.

2 Likes

He’s still playing in the CFL too.

I was wrong about their defensive front in another thread, Phillip Snow is in Carolina with Rhule. BU will be in a 4-2-5 and doing a lot of the stuff we did last year. They will be aggressive but will give up some points for sending more and having new starters having to communicate in a new scheme. Their defense will be a polar opposite of what they did last year.

BU was able to limit teams because they could get pressure with 3 and the rest would keep things in front of them and gang tackle. It was impressive to be honest. Tulsa, Navy, and K-State in years past have had good scoring defenses with that style. Last year would have been a problem because pass protection didn’t allow for Tune to sit and be patient while methodically marching down field. Baylor switching to a more aggressive scheme might actually help us. There are plenty of plays to call to combat aggression.

2 Likes

I dig your optimism.:sunglasses:

1 Like

When it comes to my Coogs, I’m optimistic until proven otherwise!

Game is canceled.
:rage: