Underdog Pawdcast: AAC Media Days Recap with Chris Vannini of The Athletic

On this episode of the Underdog Pawdcast, we break down our preseason All-AAC team, as well as the five-year anniversary team released by the conference. We then welcome Chris Vannini of The Athletic to talk about what he heard at the AAC media days last week. Here are some topics we touched on:

We run through our staff’s All-AAC team. You can check it out for yourself here.

The AAC five-year anniversary team looks good, but I have an issue with the choice at quarterback.

At this point, Chris Vannini calls in and the first thing I ask him about is his commentary during the World Cup.

What were the biggest takeaways from AAC media days?

I then ask Chris who is the best quarterback in the conference after McKenzie Milton. His answer might surprise you.

Tulane seems to be the one team in the conference everyone is keeping an eye on this season.

Ed Oliver has been rumored to play some offense this year. Is this just talk to build a Heisman campaign?

Is ECU’s Scottie Montgomery the most likely candidate to get fired midsession? He’s on our list of coaches on the hot seat this season.

Most people in the conference and around the country think it’s a given that UCF will win the AAC East. Is there a team that could potentially keep them out of the conference championship game?

If UCF runs the table again, is there anyway that they are held out of the College Football Playoff again? Would be hard to keep a team that’s gone 25-0 in two seasons out.

On the behalf of the staff at Underdog Dynasty, we want to thank Chris Vannini for joining the show. We hope to have him on later in the season.