Uni Watch -- What's new in the American for 2017

• No photos yet, but Houston’s familiar “UH” helmet logo will have a Texas flag theme for the season opener against UTSA on Sept. 2.

Are there any sources for this?

Um, why? If we were playing an out of state school i’d understand but why a Texas motiff for an instate opponent?

Not in the article, but all Lukas does is report about uniforms in different sports so I’m guessing he got the info from the department.

My guess is it may be something along the lines of the USA theme that we’ve seen them wear the past few years:

We gave away tank tops with the UH/Texas Flag logo in 2015 against SMU. If I still had mine, I’d take a picture and post it. It wasn’t terribly different from this, though:

I wasn’t a fan. I’d much rather have the UH logo imposed on the State of Texas’s outline, if we’re doing the state pride thing. Something like this (rough mockup):

3 Likes

Should work in a city flag theme.

That sounds great, until you see what the City of Houston flag looks like.

This city desperately needs a new flag.

1 Like

The Houston flag looks like a Monopoly game missing a few pieces.

2 Likes

Interesting, I wasn’t aware “still tippin on 4-4s” was before Swishahouse.

2 Likes

I would love for us to work in an energy helmet, NASA space helmet and uniform (would look badass if done right), and a medicine/ Health related helmet. We should embrace the city and they will embrace us. Pretty simple. We could even sell themed merchandise for the energy and health designs.

Ya, that version is washed out. There is a better one…

I really like the idea of a Space City alternate uniform, and honestly, all we’d have to do is wear the all-white unis and slap a decent decal on the helmets.

1 Like

Because players like alternate Unis.

ahem… ahem… Powerhouse…

I do like the Space City idea with the white unis.

If we ever wanted to wear a Space City tribute, we could very easily bite this helmet that Clear Lake put out this year. I don’t like the numbers on the side, but the concept is fantastic.

https://twitter.com/UNISWAG/status/895475764182765570

1 Like

I just want to wear… Space Pants!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: