UPDATE: Wiseman suspended 12 games

https://twitter.com/_JonahJordan/status/1192944848703295488

1 Like

Idk. Idc if he paid a couple of moving trucks and maybe an apartment or furniture. I want Memphis with all their players so we can destroy them on TV.

8 Likes

If Will Wade can still coach then I don’t care either at this point.

4 Likes

$11,500 in moving expenses? Was he moving from Europe???

3 Likes

I’m not 100% on ncaa rules, but since when is a coach allowed to pay to move a family so the kid can play ball for them? Seems suspect.

4 Likes

Nice move by Memphis to get a judge to help them out. If they can tie this up in the courts for 5 months they’re all set.

5 Likes

Anyone catch player # 11 and his 70/80’s short shorts?

Penny paid all of his expenses to get him to move to Memphis.

1 Like

I don’t understand how some random Memphis judge can overrule the NCAA on something like this. If that’s the case, why doesn’t every school with similar problems do the same things?

This seems needlessly risky for Memphis, and they deserve for the NCAA to bend them over.

6 Likes

ncaa will file a federal counter suit tomorrow to overrule local judge

2 Likes

Damn
hurts the conference and us. Would rather Memphis be good as it helps our SOS.

But, it’s Memphis, this is no surprise.

4 Likes

So Penny helps a family when a kid is 7 years old. 11 years later Penny is the HC at Memphis and the kid was recruited by him to play for the home town team and the NCAA rules him ineligible? That is beyond stupid! I’m siding with Memphis on this one. This kind of thing is what makes the NCAA look really bad. I expect a court to settle this in the long run and rule against the NCAA. Were I on the jury I would find in the kids favor.

I wonder if the same thing would have happened with a kid going to Duke or KU if the NCAA would have had a problem.

9 Likes

More NCAA BS. After all that went on with the FBI this is what they want to sit a kid for a full year for this? Penny wasn’t even a college coach and the move was related to AAU. Ridiculous.

Believe me I am no fan of Memphis but this is wrong.

If it was Duke or Kentucky this gets a pass.

5 Likes

I don’t either but that’s awesome. Forget the NCAA.

1 Like

Initial reports said 2008, but it was actually 2018 (rather 2017) when Penny helped him move.

3 Likes

No, it was 2 years ago in 2017 and Penney did it to get the kid to play high school and club ball for him.

3 Likes

Right
anyone who believes the support stopped there is incredibly naive.

I think it is a bad move for Memphis to openly defy the NCAA with a friendly judge over a meaningless game.

8 Likes

I don’t really blame them, they’ve got nothing to lose at this point.

North Carolina defied the NCAA and got away with it as did Baylor to a point. The schools that get hit hardest are the ones that work with the NCAA.

5 Likes

I had that thought too but Wiseman was ruled ineligible for the whole season and he’s a one and done. So what did Memphis have to lose? I like the power play by them the NCAA may back down here.

The NCAA has taken more L’s than W’s lately

So interesting on the injunction but if the court eventually agrees with the ineligibility ruling then Memphis will forfeit every game Wiseman plays in.

2 Likes