Updated Rankings - UH #14, #2 in Texas

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-gonzaga-holds-off-baylor-for-top-spot-in-preseason-top-25-and-1/

1 Like

I actually think Memphis may be underrated, which is the opposite of last year. I always worried that Penny wouldn’t coach defense with all the talent he was bringing in. Turns out they are defensively elite and last year their offense was not so hot. I am the furthest from a basketball expert on this board, but a gut feeling of mine just says the offense improves and they are a very strong team this year.
Maybe something cool like Coogs and Tigers make the sweet 16 and our conference looks fantastic.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are as much an expert on BB as anyone else on this board :sunglasses:!

3 Likes

That’s simply not true. There are some people on this board that truly know the game of basketball and are perpetual students of it. despite going to a few summer camps as a kid, I never played organized basketball at all.

1 Like

You are right as a matter of fact the top of conference as a whole is underrated. Memphis, SMU, Cincy and possibly USF or Wich St should be good this year. Memphis should be higher and SMU should be ranked imo. AAC just doesn’t get the respect it deserves yet.

1 Like

What!!! I thought we all know it all – that’s why our input is so important for the coaches to read our posts so they will know what to do. Stop trying to undermine their confidence in our knowledge. Are you a UT troll?

For those two people who take everything literal, look up sarcasm.

2 Likes

It feels good to be ranked ahead of Kentucky and Norh Carolina… Both those teams are filthy on paper.

UT… Shaka needs to prove it that he can have his team playing well throughout the season. They have a pretty veteran team with some talented young players.

You’re smarter than the rest of us because you’re willing to admit you’re not an expert.

2 Likes

Updated…a few hours old…

Coogs #15

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-top-25-and-1-rankings-Gonzaga-Bulldogs-Baylor-Bears-Villanova-Wildcats-Kentucky-154105782/#154105782_6