Upset Alert Troy 17 LSU 0

Yep that sums it up right there. Scared to lose.

1 Like

Not sure about any of the others, but after we beat LSU in Baton Rouge, they fired their coach the very next day - and they have not played us since!

I went to that game, and you would not believe what was being said on the radio stations in Baton Rouge right after the game was over. It was “UG-A-LY”!

I expect it will be a very long time before they schedule Troy again.

1 Like

No incentives for P5s to play us
 they win, well it was a “lowly G5 team”, they lose, well they lost to a “lowly G5” team.

College football is anti-competative.

2 Likes

If I remember right, we interviewed Troy’s Neal Brown this offseason:

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/10/04/neal-brown-troy-trojans-lsu-upset
Troy unveiled some schemes against LSU it hadn’t shown before. For much of the first half, Brown wanted to try and pound the Tigers, lining up in 10 personnel (one running back, no tight ends) and running the ball north and south with a heavy diet of inside zone plays. In the third quarter, Brown changed it up by running a counter play designed to look the same as the inside zone, and 235-pound bruising running back Jordan Chunn rumbled 74 yards to set up a 17–0 Troy lead. Then in the fourth quarter, Brown dressed things up with more option looks by motioning into three-back sets he knew would be tougher for the young Tigers defense to fit.