USF Football-Jeff Scott - Gets an extension to 2026 (3-18 record so far)

Is Bill Carr the AD ?

1 Like

Wow
when 3-18 is “mediocre”, your program is in deep trouble.

3 Likes

Bold strategy Cotton

2 Likes

at some point programs have to stick with someone for more than 2-3 years to try to establish something, as painful as it may be. this “we have to be the best immediately” rinse and repeat model is bound to run dry here sometime soon, I hope.

3 Likes

Patience is fine and commendable but you have to be careful that you do not lose your fans’ interest while you wade through season after season of sub .500 records.

1 Like

"Cost estimates range from $250 million to $400 million. "

“[The USF AD] hopes to narrow that figure down and where the money will come from in the coming months.”
It sounds very wishful at this point. I’d lay some benjamins that it won’t be done by the time their lease ends in 2027.

A 35K seat stadium at Temple has been repeatedly put on hold and it’s only estimated to cost $130M.

" while men’s basketball coach Brian Gregory was secured through 2025-26"
Why ?

In Temple’s case, it was the North Philly residents who put a stop to it. They even called themselves “The Stadium Stompers”. Iirc they even got the mayor involved to stop Temple.

Leave it to residents of Philly to continue bad decision
Making and corruption

1 Like

Is there any other example of a school that got outhuststed than USF vs UCF?

USF was given a golden ticket when they were invited to the then BCS Big East.

Yes, they were not picked up when it became the American but upstart rival UCF used their time in the AAC to get their house in order
allowing them to become the most attractive option for a P5.

We are seeing a little more care from Rice but really 
too little , too late !

1 Like

Scott/USF throwing some numbers at their recent sucking.

“Among the group are 18 Power Five transfers and 12 “super seniors” afforded an extra year of NCAA eligibility due to the pandemic.”

They said “bloated” and not “loaded”

1 Like

I agree. I also seem to remember USF thinking they were too good to play UCF after USF’s promotion.

Could it be that having the Bucs in Tampa and therefore a good available stadium gave USF the early advantage? UCF then out of necessity had to build a on-campus stadium which put them ahead in the facilities game. The thing that gave USF the early boost may be holding them back now as it is hard to raise money for an on-campus stadium when you have access to NFL quality.

That and hiring better coaches lately.