USF v Illinois on ESPN now

20 :-0

1 Like

21 :-0

1 Like

22 :-0

1 Like

USF looks like a Charlie Strong coached team: talented but undisciplined.

24 penalties in 20 minutes of play. :-0 OK, I can’t do any more shots.

2 Likes

Illinois just scored.

Now 16-9.

Are they AAC refs?

26 penalties. OY!!!

There’s not enough UH in that AAC commercial they’re running

Flower shop still struggling throwing the half: 6-16 1TD 1 INT at the half. He seems to just want to throw deep constantly. USF receivers have dropped a few passes.

Your right about the lack of UH in that commercial.

Now 23-9 USF at the half.

His deep balls all seem to hang for a really long time too. I can only remember 1 completion to a covered defender, and if the defender had looked for the ball it would have been incomplete or maybe picked, plus the PI, that should have been a pick if the defender turned, hit him square in the back as he ran into the receiver, and had a ton of time to try to adjust

1 Like

Man tough crowd. We want USF to be a solid top 25 team but this is a thread of their biggest critics. They’ve piled up 444 yards in less than 2 1/2 quarters against a 2-0 Big Ten team. Even if you take away Flowers running plays the top two backs have 19 carries for 153 yards. This is a good thing guys.

USF moving the ball with ease in the second half.

USF is looking pretty darned good right now. That said, Illinois, despite being 2-0, has generally been picked to battle it out with Rutgers for the B1G cellar this year.

It’s difficult to gauge just how good USF is by this game against a P5 opponent, given how weak a P5 opponent this is.

Hey listen, I’m an Illinois grad school alum
I wish Illinois could do better in this game
but in my heart of hearts
I know good and well that Illinois isn’t very good this year, and that USF should be beating them.

Very true. Illinois is predicted to finish near the bottom of their division by the same people that predict Arizona to finish at the bottom of their division.

I posted that early on. I was only able to watch about half of the first quarter.

Temple beat UMASS tonight 29-21

1 Like

I agree with all you’ve said. But it’s somewhat cathartic to talk trash about our competition :smile: