UT_Houston still NOT an option

Agreed, and as far as Abbott goes he seems the genuine article about it. And seems a decent man.

About Baylor, agreed. My wife went there, as well as a close buddy. And I liked Richard’s politics.

But of course, Baylor is Satan with chapel to me. And rapes. And chapel. Burn it down,

But mostly rapes. After chapel.

At this point really, they should just change their mascot to the Baylor Pedobears.

3 Likes

UT fans have started calling them “rape-aggy”.

They may be such irritating damned media darlings to go from unranked to 11 on a squeaker home game, but I have to give them credit for finding a way to attach the aggy stench to, well, everyone :grin:

1 Like

Well, I can say one positive thing about the Horns: they aren’t aggies.

1 Like

Plus they are wonderfully refined/effeminate. Academics, you know. When stationed at Ft. Hood that facillitated many a #winning night on 6th street. Wait’ll they get a proper taste of 3rd ward…

Tier one!

1 Like

Pedobear is a staunch Penn State fan though…

1 Like

Funny, I thought he liked to play the field. Just as long as there isn’t grass on it.

I remember we tried to open a neighborhood classroom center in the 249/1960 area about ten years ago. Just a space in a strip mall that used to be a grocery store or something. The A&M system sued to block, because they said it would infringe on Prairie View. Not the little storefront they had nearby, but the main campus. Needless to say, we didn’t open that classroom center. I’m pretty sure we had acquired the land/building already, too.

1 Like

In addition to the big bucks a medical school brings, it also helps UH achieve AAU status.

Look at the big picture boys!

I think that was the old TI campus in Cypress off of 290. I know A&M by way of PV did the same thing to us there, and we eventually sold the land to Sysco. Of course, it might have been the same song at both places…

I’d trade a med school for UT-Houston straight-up. That’s way bigger than the Big 12.

Yeah something like that. Whatever it was, it seemed weird to say that we were infringing on PV territory.

It was the old Compaq campus, which became the HP campus after HP purchased them.

Nope… I LOVE football. But no way I make a deal with the devil to get in what’s perceived as the weakest of the P5 conferences. Hell, not even for the SEC. NO to UT-H. Never. Unless… unless they open up the PUF AND don’t object to a UH Medical School. Then I’d be open for negotiations.

2 Likes

Sorry I 100% disagree. We should and will have a med school I am convinced of it.
It was, is and always be about the PUF. uta wants to invade Houston? Open the PUF to all public universities at equal value. We have become who we are without their help. They have tried since our creation to put us down. Again, the goal of the PUF WHEN it was created was to create public university(s). After just a few years uta “hi-jacked” the PUF to their own benefit. They became uta BECAUSE of the PUF. It is truly amazing what we have accomplished without it. Why should we let them INVADE us with the consequences associated with it?

1 Like

See above. PUF isn’t going anywhere. Too many alums of UT and A&M in Texas’ congress to get a constitutional amendment passed, and anything short of an amendment is unconstitutional.

That’s not going to happen.

For the BS that they’re trying to pull our PUF allocation should come from ut’s allotment. I’m sure Texas S&M would support that. Ut should not be allowed to get away with this nonsense. Total waste of taxpayer money. Freaking furious.