UT land by NRG

Navy

I think they are playing a delaying tactic game with
a long term view. Waiting for certain people in government to retire.

I don’t think they are. It will never work bc other officials stated that it was a waste of resources that are needed for other system schools and declining resources overall for state schools which is only going to get worse.

Until the state, either through Constitutional Amendment or statute, forces the equal diversion of the PUF, this will continue to be an issue. Like most of Texas, UT-Austin would rather be a big fish in a small pond of relative poverty than a medium fish in a large ocean of wealth.

It’s ridiculous and I blame the TX state government for this parochialism run amok. Years of but kissing has led to this. No other state has these issues. The flagship systems in NY, IL and CA have no problem sharing their largesse; in fact they realize the benefit in spreading the wealth to other schools as it takes pressure off of a single campus to carry the weight academically as well as to generate research dollars. Only TX seems to have this problem.

1 Like

Don’t know what they’re going to do with the land, but they have already started to clear it, with remediation on going right now.

Free labor and arrogance.