UT/UTSA Series

I think most of the blue bloods hate us because we made them look stupid with the veer and we were the first school to recruit black players. I think that got passed on to the next generation without the racial hate.

2 Likes

Oh, the racial hate is still there; in fact, it may be worse now than ever before. Believe me, uta, atm, and practically all the old SWC schools have never forgotten - nor forgiven - the fact that WE MADE THEM integrate their teams to keep up with us. THAT is the main reason for their continued animosity!

Trolls will disagree, but it is the TRUTH.

4 Likes

You would think they would thank us for making them better.

2 Likes

Probably because of our beating them so badly (what year, I forget just now), ending their very long string of home victories (forget that number too - memory “ain’t” as good as it used to be, alas!).

Whatever - the hate is still there! And - it is fully returned by me (some might have noticed).

2 Likes

I’m not sure what terms Rice agreed to but I know that UT quickly declined our offer that was loosely made via Twitter if I’m not mistaken.

Scheduling philosophy.

1 Like

And if I were the university of Texas I would decline any offer to play the University of Houston as well.

Several years ago I had an employee who tried to screw me over so I fired him. Absolutely no animosity is held by me but I decline his requests whenever he asks to come back. And I definitely am not afraid that he will start up a similar business and provide any competition.

EatEmUp - that would be 1976 when UH hammered UT by 30-0, ending their nation leading winning streak that ran all the way back to the 1968 UH vs UT game where the crooked UT referees claimed that UT was able to hang on and tie UH by the score of 20-20.

[NOTE: Any fair and objective referee(s) would have credited UH with at least 1 out of the 3-4 times that UH apparently scored inside the UT 5 yard line during the last 10 minutes of that game. But no, the runner was marked down just short of the goal line and/or the refs’ flags were sent flying after the play was over when the UH runner did score standing up.]

1 Like

That analogy fails on so many levels.

3 Likes

I think you are giving us way too much credit. Lots of teams have beaten UT and ended streaks and although I rarely agree with DD, I do think they would thank us for doing the right thing and leading the way.
And it doesn’t take a troll to disagree with you.

1 Like

UNT never outshines or gets neck-and-neck with UH. We do outshine TU from time to time and more of late in recent years, but I get you’re point on degrees of separation, or perception there of

I would rather play OU since they win the actual B12 title vs the recruiting title.

I’d rather play OU as well but they are afraid to play us! Wait

Sorry Mon, I’m not following the correlation. I’m not even sure if you are agreeing that UT is afraid or ducking us from your reply.

1 Like

It’s both, they fear us, therefore they are ducking us! That’s our narrative here.

In reality these days, my theory is that we want Texas to treat us as an equal partner in game negotiations. Which, good for us in wanting fair treatment. But there are plenty of schools who will not negotiate as equals and will let them dictate all the terms of the contract.

UT is ducking us and refusing to play us for any reason in football. I feel it’s justified because of bleachergate.

I do not feel they are ducking us due to fear, only out of spite. I don’t even think they hate us due to bleachergate, nor any of the other reasons like making them integrate, etc. We wronged them so why give us another chance?

That is the correlation to my ex employee.

This! Everyone wants to be treated as an equal, but unless you can back that’s up why would anyone treat you as an equal.

UH would be treated as an equal by UT, if either UT had no alternative, or UH brought something to the table that no one else can.

UT has made it clear that any G5 programs it schedules, have to agree to terms set by UT, why would or should they make any exceptions for UH? What’s in it for them to make exceptions for UH? They don’t want to make any accommodations. As much as we may not like it, that’s their position. We either accept or say no thanks. Our position so far has been “no thanks”.

Bleachergate is over 20 years ago. Lot has changed since then. Long time to hold a grudge.
I’d say they are waiting for UH to show them some deference by way of apology.

I know fans on this board will hate me for saying it, but I for one would really be curious to see how UT reacts if we offer them a 2-1, and even agree to play the 1 at NRG.

I get your point P5 but the hate on this Board goes back to even before bleachergate. UT doesn’t share the hate, they just think they are better than us.

1 Like

If I were UT I would decline regardless of whatever offer we make to them. And I don’t bug them for that since we are the ones who screwed up, even if it was 20 years ago. It’s that whole full me once mantra. But Even given all that I don’t think they hate us, or even give a second thought.

1 Like